Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

201 - 220 of 2558 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
These ones are twistier than than the Nurburgring. Oh well.

So my plans for the upcoming week:

Monday

After my final at 6PM i may come straight home and pull the 251 (letting it cool a bit.. obviously).

Tuesday

Pull 251 if i haven't already, give Jake his exhaust back (loooove yooou), pull off dash.

Wednesday

Lay in 20k wiring, see if lengths need to be cut (they will) and then pull out harness are start the merge. I have another harness i can merge it into right now.. but it has a few cut wires, and i'd rather just use the better harness.

Thursday

WIRES, ALL DAMN DAY!

Friday

Since a few people want to be their when the turbo motor goes in, i figure Friday evening is a good day to toss it in. I'll get the mereged harness back in before engine goes in as well.

Saturday

If the motor hasn't started... figure out why it hasn't. If it has.. start the debug that i KNOW will be there.

HOPEFULLY i can stick to that. I'd love to be driving with minimal issues by Monday. But, we'll see.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
Didn't get the dash done today since i had some friends come over and distract me.. i did however get the wiring completely sorted out. Dash will come out tomorrow and merge will begin.

Also since i am using the STi radiator i am swapping to three pin fans which means putting in some extra relays and wires. No problems, here is the comparison:

Basically just two speed fans, and will be completely proper in the car.

Also if anyone wants to do an EJ20k into a 2000 RS... i just did 80% of the wiring dirty work for ya.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

EDIT: THE DOCUMENT IS NOT 100% CORRECT! DO NOT FOLLOW IT LIKE IT IS A WIRING BIBLE! I WILL UPDATE IT ONCE I HAVE TIME!

(you're going to want to download it)

Here are the wiring diagrams for the engine i used: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?b6q2rph9lr8yru9

Has not been tested yet but i have a decent track record of not doing anything unless im sure it will work.

The first page is kind of a mess, but if you go to the "Connections to be made" tab... that's where the magic happens.

S'all for now. Pics and more to come tomorrow!

·
aka obs111
2004 WRB WRX
970 Posts
Dang Equinox, looking good! That sucks about the heater box though :/ that damn plastic hose! Everything else is looking good though! Are you going to keep the A/C Compressor connected the whole time and just bolt it on when the 20k is in? Or will you take it off?

201 - 220 of 2558 Posts