Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2141 - 2160 of 2548 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
with it being roger clarke motor sports, i'd say not a small shop. and i'd think syms is not either.

Syms is the real deal. not as well known as they should be. an elite level tuning shop.

their stuff is good.

also, there are plenty of options for a IC spray button. if you want OEM? you just need a guy in Japan with a GC8 to walk into a Subaru dealership parts desk. and order a "Replacement part". .

you could try Yahoo Auctions. or? run a non OEM switch?. some good ones out there cheap.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,146
Whelp today I dropped the car off at the body shop for a 3-4 week overhaul.

Car is getting the new QP it's needed forever, along with a full respray and tons of new body parts.

I'm so excited. So so so excited.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
nice. cant wait to see the results. i just got my car back from "wet-sanding" waiting 6 weeks. i hope your body shop goes better than my did

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Yay more parts!

Got my DP in from Roger Clark and it's pretty cool. Has two bungs at the end of the DP.. which is quite odd, but other than that it's your bog standard awesomely made dowpipe. I'm a bit curious as to what the length is (USDM vs JDM) but it didn't really matter for what I needed.

I put it (poorly) next to a JDM Syms downpipe and an OEM USDM DP. The RCM one look to be of the longer proportion, so I guess we'll see when it goes on car.
I have a JDM downpipe on my car. The difference is about two or three inches, and a different flange angle. I was able to get a fabricator buddy to make a bolt in extension, one side has a fixed flange and the other side floats.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,152
I want a respray so bad. But I also want 22b widebody goodness. So much $$$
The work and quote I got was about the same price as a well taken care of RS in perfect shape nowadays... but without the time and hassle it takes to find another one, plus a few more goodies.

It's just money I guess? :crazy: :)

Stoked for you Garrett! I had no idea you planned to take your car this far. Gonna have some epic pics ahead...
It was always in the cards, but you know that school held me back from being able to dump cash into it. The only thing that should be externally distinguishable from my car to a JDM type R will be the fact the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

nice. cant wait to see the results. i just got my car back from "wet-sanding" waiting 6 weeks. i hope your body shop goes better than my did
I had the same body shop do my hood, and they got it done earlier than expected. I talked with the owner on Monday and he said it was slow right now so he could get it started immediately.. let's hope that stays too!

I have a JDM downpipe on my car. The difference is about two or three inches, and a different flange angle. I was able to get a fabricator buddy to make a bolt in extension, one side has a fixed flange and the other side floats.
Yeah, the RCM downpipe just seems to be in the middle of the two.. I dunno, we will find out. Worst case I fab up an adapter.

I did also buy a new exhaust, HKS Hi Power. I'm planning on stealing the midpipe from that to fix my current leak, and then I can extend/fix the old one as needed.

Cannot wait to see the body work!
Meeee tooooooooo.

Since I was really lazy last night making the post, here is the comprehensive list of work to be done:

-Driver's side quarter panel, full replacement
-Quarter panel + door moldings removed, holes welded shut
-Passenger side QP, repulled, sanded, painted, previous owner had rolled fenders with a battle axe
-General door ding/dents fixed
-Brand new front fenders
-Brand new front bumper
-OEM V6 STi lip
-Body color matched sideskirts/spats
-Brand new JDM Aluminum hood
-Full body respray
-JDM rear wiper glass put in (i'll do the wiper motor and wiring myself)
-New trim/weather seals as needed (from what's still available to buy)
-JDM license plate mount (just getting it painted, will likely install myself)

Things I need to do once the car is back:

-Install oil cooler, either S202 or Spec C thermostat
-Put new panels on, I don't think they are gonna do that
-Install downpipe/new HKS midpipe and modify as needed
-Flash new tune on the car, I think I have a timing map that'll work. It's super close
-Finish tune for catless DP
-Install Gauge pod and move gauges over
-Install AEM wideband, and come up with a solution to not use the laser light show
-Go racing!

Phew.

Also, bonus Forester STi content:

Finishing up my dad's fozz this weekend. Got the entire drivetrain swapped in and mostly buttoned up. Finished up wiring today and we will do either a first start, or a first fail!

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
corrected.

Things I need to do once the car is back:

-Install oil cooler, either S202 or Spec C thermostat
-Put new panels on, I don't think they are gonna do that
-Install downpipe/new HKS midpipe and modify as needed
-Flash new tune on the car, I think I have a timing map that'll work. It's super close
-Finish tune for catless DP
-Install Gauge pod and move gauges over
-Install AEM wideband, and come up with a solution to not use the laser light show
-sell homogay mini and buy a real car. like a 911.
-Go racing!

2141 - 2160 of 2548 Posts