They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
V4 STi for sure.

VIN is: GC8-063477
Model: GC8E4ED
Engine Code is: EJ20KDW7PR

the diagrams i am using match up colors and connectors and everything for sake of the one wire coming from the ECU.

As far as those other two, i am still looking.

Jake said something about a I/C Sprayer.. though i don't know if my clip had one.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Found the WG and WR wires. Oil Pressure switch and temp gauge.

assuming the WB is EGT for now.

Separated the useless mess from the useful mess and can begin the merge. Looks like some just need to be trimmed, but since some wires are shielded i think i am just going to loop them behind the dash. We'll see once i lay it in car.

Pictures:

The useless mess

The useful mess kind of laid in with the RS harness to roughly see how routing is going to work

ECU Connections n' such

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
STi fuel pump went in today. For $20 i'll take it over the Walbro as i don't even plan on modding the 20k very much.

Cali dry rotted return hose did however split once it went over the flange upon removal.. guess it's time for an autozone run.

Car starts and drives (moved it back and forth in my driveway) but i am not about to drive on it with fuel spewing out

Pics... because.. why not.

·
Registered
1992, Legacy Sport, Silver
7 Posts
Looks great man! I'm currently doing the same thing as you right now for my brother's GM8 (he's a member here). V4 sti RA going in; I'm on the wiring stage now too!

Thanks for all the pics and info :)

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Looks great man! I'm currently doing the same thing as you right now for my brother's GM8 (he's a member here). V4 sti RA going in; I'm on the wiring stage now too!

Thanks for all the pics and info :)
AWESOME! Lucky you found RA stuff, im jealous haha.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
I demand updates.
NO UPDATES FOR YOU!

Basically just been busy with school, and a tad lazy to do anything on the wiring.

Tonight i'll do some organizing for the wiring. Getting colors for the RS harness and pairing them on a spreadsheet with the STi ones.

Still waiting for school and finals to be over with. I think in about two weeks everything is going to start moving along towards getting the motor running in the car.

First time it will have started in over 3 years :noes:

Pretty damn excited!

·
Registered
1992, Legacy Sport, Silver
7 Posts
AWESOME! Lucky you found RA stuff, im jealous haha.
It's great and all, but I had to pick up v7 brembos for him yesterday because the RA has a 180 rear diff. Well we only really needed rear hubs to match the half shafts but I thought what the hell haha :wtf: (also missing all DCCD controls/controller) This is getting expensive.

Man so far I have about 6 wires on the jdm ecu plugs that don't match up to any of the documents I have found in all of my searchings. Have you run into the same thing at all?

Get done with school already lol.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
It's great and all, but I had to pick up v7 brembos for him yesterday because the RA has a 180 rear diff. Well we only really needed rear hubs to match the half shafts but I thought what the hell haha :wtf: (also missing all DCCD controls/controller) This is getting expensive.

Man so far I have about 6 wires on the jdm ecu plugs that don't match up to any of the documents I have found in all of my searchings. Have you run into the same thing at all?

Get done with school already lol.
Oh trust me i can't wait! hahaha.

As far as the wires, everything has matched up for me (i have all the connections written down in a document posted a little bit farther back in here somewhere) except one line coming from the ECU that there was no info for. Assuming it's an EGT signal though.

Maybe the 6 wires are DCCD stuff? I'm not too sure how that all hooks up though.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Was dicking around with the downpipe today and found the EGT Probe. Dunno how i missed this before, but this confirms the suspicion of the one wire on the ECU.

WHICH MEANS!

No more wiring mysteries.

Classes end on the 30th.. and i'd love to have the motor in the car running and driving a week from that date, but we'll see. Still have a bit more work to do for the wiring and it's not getting done this week as i have finals and such to worry about.

I did order a 3in catless downpipe and SHOULD be picking up a 3in catback in the next couple days.

Guys... it's going to be loud.

:noes:

For now. I'm getting a pretty awesome deal on it, so we'll see how it is.

S'ALL FOR NOW!

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Got these in. Was hoping they were going to be real. Bought them from a seller on here.

Alas.. they are not (or certainly appear to not be) Looks like they get shoved in the desk never to see my car.

181 - 200 of 2549 Posts