Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into engine swapping my 2000 Subaru Impreza L but i don’t know what engine is the best for a daily driver. I want the engine to be stock with no major upgrades. Can anyone give me an example of what engine is the best for me?
Side Note: I want the engine to be turbocharged

·
Registered
1999 RS
20 Posts
Im looking into engine swapping my 2000 Subaru Impreza L but i don’t know what engine is the best for a daily driver. I want the engine to be stock with no major upgrades. Can anyone give me an example of what engine is the best for me?
Side Note: I want the engine to be turbocharged
I’m putting in a jdm ej205 into my 99 RS. its a cheaper engine but its not a cheap project. id look for one of those but make sure it has AVCS. :) ill let you know how my swap goes if you want

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m putting in a jdm ej205 into my 99 RS. its a cheaper engine but its not a cheap project. id look for one of those but make sure it has AVCS. :) ill let you know how my swap goes if you want
Oh ok! Good luck with your swap dude!

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,065 Posts
You can look through a thread like this for ideas: Which Swap is Right for You?
It's an older thread and some of the pricing is off. But it covers all the common (and some uncommon) swaps.

In my opinion, your best bet is an engine from a 2002-2007 American WRX. Parts are plentiful and (reasonably) cheap. You can pass smog with it. If you break the shortblock, you can get another for (again, reasonably) cheap. Is it literally the best engine that one can swap into your subaru? No way. But bang for buck it's a great option.

See what a company called iwire has to say about this swap:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can look through a thread like this for ideas: Which Swap is Right for You?
It's an older thread and some of the pricing is off. But it covers all the common (and some uncommon) swaps.

In my opinion, your best bet is an engine from a 2002-2007 American WRX. Parts are plentiful and (reasonably) cheap. You can pass smog with it. If you break the shortblock, you can get another for (again, reasonably) cheap. Is it literally the best engine that one can swap into your subaru? No way. But bang for buck it's a great option.

See what a company called iwire has to say about this swap:
Thanks dude!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts