Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say thanks to all on the boards that have helped this 2.5 RS newbie!

I think my question falls under the tranny area. When I'm driving any speed 25 mph+ and I take my foot off the gas, when I put my foot back on the gas the car seems to lug or lurch a little. Although I have an automatic the feeling is similar to driving a manual when you don't give the car enough gas.

Is this just a normal reaction to re-acceleration being sent to all four wheels? Of course my local dealer was unable to re-create the problem. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My AT does this also, but if I am in 1st gear, going 10-30, it is most apparent. It is something I have just accepted. Although we have a "slush-box" it seems to be fairly crisp, and isnt afraid to let the engine's low-end torque make it to the wheels. It is kinda hard to know if you problem is normal unless I could be there to witness it. You may just be better off riding along with another Suby AT owner to compare cars. Good luck.

-Andy

PS, if you have any other AT questions, let me know and I will do my best to help. Mr. RS25.com himself is also very knowledgable about the Auto Tranny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts