Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Professional Detailer\Body-Tech Here...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DIY Engine Bay Detail
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A real auto detail is a process. There are many ways to detail, here's my trade secret for engine detailing... Seven years of professional detail experience has led me to this process...

---
Pressure washers work ok, but can cause electrical problems, don't get too close.... I'd recommend a normal hose, with hot water if possible..

1. Wet-down the entire front end of your car before popping your hood, this will prevent the degreaser from eating up your paint...

2. Get a spray bottle of degreaser and cut it properly with water if necessary.

3. spray down the underside of the hood first, if you get some on your paint, hose it off immediately... no big deal, just don't let it sit there....

4. Now spray-down the entire engine, engine bay, wires, hoses, battery...
All that shit...

5. Now grab a scrub brush that you use to use for the outside of your car (DON'T EVER USE A BRUSH ON YOUR PAINTJOB, PEOPLE) and scrub-a-dub the engine and underhood, and all that shit...

6. Now start your car engine, and roll up your windows....

7. Hose 'er down, son. Lotsa steam is good... It helps melt off any greasy-oily shit that the chemicals didn't get off...

8. Now grab your air hose and blow off all the water... Or let it dry by running (1/2 hr)

9. Sweet.. Now get some armor-all type substance. DON'T use silicone, it is FLAMMABLE... Got it... --- Spray everything down...

10. Blow the dressing around with your air hose... or just wait around if you don't have one...

11. Wipe any chromy-bits off with a towel, and window cleaner...

12. By now this engine should look pretty frickin' nice...

Just finish detailing this bitch, and it won't smell like ass in there anymore...

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's just water, man

if it's a ford, domestic, or dodge... it's a bad idea....

--

if it's made in aisia, it's fine...

shit, use a power washer.... it's totally fine..

done it a thousand times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts