Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm "new" here. My name is Travis, I live in Delaware. My beater is a 96 Impreza Brighton that came with a 1.8L. I inherited this car off a customer for doing work on their other car. I had some parts around including an EJ25 bottom and it came with EJ22 heads that had Delta cams. So I put those together and got my hybrid EJ25 bottom 22 top engine going using the 1.8L manifold and injectors. I welded the center diff so it is RWD as well and got a LSD rear from a Forester with 4.44 gears. I installed an emanage ultimate and A/f gauge to tune the hybrid engine since it had some flat spots in the power band. Anyway, it is now running well and a pretty fun car for a little beater but I'm having problem that is persisting and keeping me from my next step (a homebrew turbo setup).

The problem is that every now and then, it will set P0201 P0202 P0203 P0204 which are injector circuit codes. I have my EMU wired for +/- fuel. I have not tried rewiring it to Add only. I HAVE tried changing the ground for the injectors which I originally had spliced onto the ecm wire for "injector ground" it is now on some other ground. I have tested the i/j ground and it is a good ground (.0033V drop) as well as the EMU main ground with a similar good result. The code seems to set during cranking. I suspected power to my EMU was dropping out during cranking but testing revealed that power is constant while cranking. System voltage does drop to around 9.5V during cranking. The battery tests good and with a jump box hooked up it still drops below 10V during cranking. Not even sure that is the issue but that is basically all I have left to go on. It takes about 0.4 seconds after turning the key to "start" to begin firing the injectors. I have double checked wiring, pins inside the EMU, most things I can think of. It always simultaneously sets the 4 injector codes and it never sets them while the car is running, just after starting the light will be on *some* times. It can be every third start, or sometimes it has been 2 weeks before returning.

Has anyone run into these injector codes with their emanage ultimate? Any insight? Will rewiring it for ADD only instead of +/- fuel help? I need to pass inspection in Delaware (no codes, only 1 monitor can be incomplete) but this is holding me up. Once I'm confident I can pass inspection, I can throw together my turbo kit.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS/C BRP
2,321 Posts
Skidd might have some insight, but I know there are others using the EMU. I never ended up using mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - hoping someone has some insight. It never set these codes prior to the EMU install. I'm assuming it is something common to all 4 injectors but I do feel like I have exhausted all my options.... I am using injectors out of an outback, from like 98 or something, but they did not seem different than the old 1.8 injectors (both were red though the parts house listed a different part number for the 2.5 injectors vs 1.8 injectors). I may try swapping in the old 1.8 injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I got excited when I saw someone replied to this..... thanks for nothing! And NO it is not fixed, still sets those codes every now and then. I rewired the harness on the injector controls so I can unplug them and just run them off my ecm so I can get it through inspection. It hasn't passed all the monitors yet but I barely drive it =/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts