Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99RS Coupe
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently down undergoing a full engine build so I can install my td06 18g turbo. I have all of the necessary bits and mods to support around 300whp with my setup but I have a bit of an EM dilemma.

I have to pass local OBD2 emissions so a full standalone is out of the question at this point, along with its crazy cost.

I currently have an emanage blue installed and a J&S safeguard, which for those who don't know is a knock detection system that detects knock and retards timing to "safeguard" your motor. I also know the blue is quite limited in mapping ability and can "fight" with the stock ecu since it doesn't generate its own fuel mapping but rather modifies the stock signal. The emanage ultimate is supposed to be less buggy and more tuneable without fighting the stock ecu.

I don't really want to spend any more money but I can sell my J&S and my blue and buy an EMU. So should I keep the blue + J&S combo or switch to the better EMU without the J&S system.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
i really like the idea of the j&s safeguard.....so i would just stick with blue and j&s...if you cant have EMU and jss.....but what do i know.....i failed miserable with the EMU.....

save up for standalone!...mother eff emissions! lol

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
It's actually quite a bit better than the blue I don't know why he failed. I'm really just debating weather a blue and a safeguard is better than a EMU alone...
i failed cause the emanage i got was jacked.....never worked....i bought used and got ripped off...

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
I'll be going with the Ultimate when I'm done putting my STi internals in my car and turbo it. So go with that, then send me a map to use. :p

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS-T BRP
575 Posts
I recommend keeping the J&S. If you can get your car running well with the Blue, use it. If not sell it and buy the Ultimate but keep the J&S.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Find someone to tune the blue. The main issue is most people don't know how to actually use it. When you've reached the limits of what it can do, then think about getting the ultimate.

·
Registered
99RS Coupe
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just as an update I decided to get an ultimate since I found a good deal on one. The blue software is old and buggy and the blue can't seem to properly support 820cc modded wrx injectors as suspected. Maybe with a tuner that is very experienced it might be able to but driveability will still suffer so I went with the ultimate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts