Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another thing i can't find on this forum. I have a medical condition which for now, deletes any chances of me driving manual until i have surgery.

I'm trying to build a motor for my 00' 2.5rs but i KNOW that STi's never came in automatic, so will an EJ257 fit at all? has anyone attempted it?

I know they make a 5EAT built that will match up but i ain't trying to spend 6000 on a trans alone. than not to mention the rest of the drivetrain.

Opinions on if i should stick with getting a 251 and building that or get a 257 if it bolts up.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
I can't say with 100% certainty, as I've not done it, but I'd venture to say that yes, your EJ257 will bolt to your 4EAT (after swapping over the flex-plate). I base this on the fact that an EJ257 will bolt directly (after a flywheel & PP swap) to a 2000 5MT.

·
Registered
95 **** Piece
6,822 Posts
I can't say with 100% certainty, as I've not done it, but I'd venture to say that yes, your EJ257 will bolt to your 4EAT (after swapping over the flex-plate). I base this on the fact that an EJ257 will bolt directly (after a flywheel & PP swap) to a 2000 5MT.
You are correct.
Dont except that trans to last one pull though!
I doubt it would be a problem at all, if treated with a bit of respect. It's dropping the clutch at high R's for crazy launches and slamming gears that is really hard on gearboxes. With normal use it should last a long time IMO.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
^Not the auto's. I know from 1st hand exp.. My friend whos one here went through 3 autos with his wrx swap. Stock was fine but everytime he went "stage 2" on cobb he blew it up. Id never trust the 4eat not launching either

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't be launching on this trans its just a project i would like to do in these next few months before spring just to further better myself with subaru's. I've only ever built mustangs so this is a big change for me.

Later on if i decide to race it i'll buy a KAPS transmission. But this will be for everyday driving.

But thank you for your knowledge and advice

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Also another quick question... haven't seen anything on this either.

Can i get STi headers to utilize the up pipe and down pipe for my homemade turbo set up on a EJ251?

I heard they bolt up 100% just i need to get a wrx cross member?

Please inform me if mistaken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.