Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of ordering parts to rebuild a ej255. I need rod bearings and i was told to purchase rod bolts since they stretch. So now for the question what to buy and where to buy.

For bearings looking towards ACL- now i heard they are made by same people who make subaru oem but for a much cheaper price tag. And i believe rod bearings are the same through the ej255 and ej257?

Where is a place to buy these and get them quick?

Next is the rod bolts my buddy told me something about ARP but i was unable to find and will most likely just buy OEM.

CHIME IN RS25!!!

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh more tid bits

car is a daily driven weekend racing car that will be seeing lots of boost (probaly around 20psi with meth)

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
Check your area performance shop, I like to hit up the V8 guys cause they've been around and know their vendors well. As for bearings, unless you spend some mad amount of money on bearings you're going to get coated OEM bearings. I like clevite but thats me, Plenty of guys use ACL race bearings without a problem.

And don't you mean head bolts? not rod bolts?

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no rod bolts every rod has two rod bolts on the bottom to hold to rod to the crank a with the bearing in between.

well yea just oem ones from subaru run you 140+ and acl runs you 80ish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts