Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
just make sure to read that section of FSM. then read it again. in my early years of putting these engines back together i made some pretty silly/stupid/idoit mistakes that ultimately made engine go clackity clackity seize.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,316 Posts
Wow this thread came back from the grave,

Well while you are at it I would get a EJ257 Crank, and the head gaskets instead of the EJ253 crank. For fuel a high lph pump isnt that expensive you would only need to update your injectors and rails. What engine management will you use?

You should also thing about keeping the EJ253 intact and running the turbo kit at 6psi for a while ive ridden in a 03 RS with the AVO kit at 6 psi on the stock motor and that thing pulled. The owner said he had the desire to start at 6 and move to 16 ( generally speaking) but was so happy with the 6psi and the results he never did.

Sounds good either way keep good notes
Exact same crank minus nitration treatment

I would like to get upgraded fuel pump and injectors, but currnetly I'm on budget. Yeh head kaskets are on my to do list for the 6 psi, I don't like the idea of changing them after a while for higher boost :D
oh and about the injectors, I made some search and came up with an o-rings kit that make you able to use wrx injectors? how good are they for 15 psi (I don't have any plan to go higher than 15 psi)
I know the STi crank is much stronger, but why change my new ej253 crank if I'm not going to make over 250whp?

I love to get forged pistons, but I'm on budget. Sti pistons are cheap and can handle 20 psi so easy, they will lower CR too.
about the rods, what's wrong with Brian crower rods?

I'm not looking for 300whp, I guess at 15 psi I will mostly make ~250whp? right? I've been living with my 160hp impreza for years, and I guess 250whp will make me happy for years too :D
^ I made 255 whp on 10psi^

Sorry but stock Injectors won't work with 15 psi, you will need larger ones
So true^

OR, just sell the 253 and use a 22e/222 shortblock and not worry about doing a damn thing.
^ Yes ^

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ran 12psi for a while, no problem with water meth. Maxed out the SC. Going to a bigger SC and more boost once I get new SC dialed in (will start at 12psi on new Vortech Si). One thing, supercharger = significantly lower load than a turbo. 12psi at 6400rpm vs 12psi at say 4500.

·
Banned
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,236 Posts
Using factory injectors?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was pretty much maxed out with STi 565's (royal blue) and now have Fuel injector clinic 750's. The FIC's seem much better , I assume because they are flow matched. I probably could have gone to FIC 1000's , but was worried how they would idle, but I bet it wouldn't have been any real issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Now running 14 psi supercharger with 93+water/meth on stock EJ253... trying to figure out how to go more. I am on the smallest pulley I can find so I need to rev higher to get more boost! Waiting to get on the dyno with the current setup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think it's maybe 300whp if I'm lucky, but will have it on the dyno soon . It uses the stock ECU re-flashed which works pretty well. It's not bad but because it's a centrifugal SC the power is all top end , a bit of a dog in the low end.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Will it be worth my effort to install the Delta 1500s on stock motor with 14psi supercharger? Or should I just wait to put it on built motor with 20psi...

Cams will be on hand here shortly. Built motor is a year away....

·
Registered
109 Posts
No do not buy. It contains parts you can't use on an EJ251 or EJ253.
The head studs won't fit. The oil pump may be larger than you need (larger is not always better...). The timing kit is probably all wrong, it's for a DOHC motor. That is probably $500+ worth of parts that won't work on a 251/253.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts