Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

ej22t block, head, ecu combination?

980 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  FuJi K 
#1 ·
i got an ej22t closed deck block a little while ago and planning on building a potent turbo motor. ideally id like to use accessport with an 02 wrx ecu, but i also want 2.5rs sohc heads for ease of maintainence, price, etc.

my question is, is that combination possible? can i use wrx ecu with rs heads? do they make accessport for 2.5rs? lastly, would wiring for 2.5 sohc heads be plug n play with 1.8 heads? that would be one less headache for me if possible.
thanks!

#2 ·
uhhhh I don't know absolutely but I don't think the cam position sensor circuitry won't match up between the rs and wrx, access port flashing surely doesn't work with the 99-01 RS ecu, and well it's gonna cost you time/$$$$ to do any of that and have it work properly. If you just want turbo though, by all means try it out with tested methods yo

#3 ·
If you want to use the WRX ecu you will have to get the matching cam cogs. The 05+ stuff if they bolt up should work to get SOHC 2.5 heads working but why? Just use the WRX heads and be done with it. They arent the head to gap. It isnt like the 2.5 heads dont have to be regaped either.

#6 ·
I have a WRX swap w/ EJ22T shortblock. Tuned via Cobb ProTune AP2 from Jorge (P&L Motorsports) currently running Open ECU reflash with the map. I love it! Great combo w/ tunability. 300whp pump gas 20psi daily driven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.