Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5RS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an auto 1999 Impreza 2.2L with the plans to swap an EJ205 into with with the 5MT & diff.

I'm having a hard time finding a source to do the wire merge. As I know there are some differences between the 2.2L and the 2.5RS.

I'm hoping to start this swap this weekend, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5RS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
331 Posts
An ECU only swap probably isn't the right way to go for a swap, but it is a possibility. I'm running a wrx ecu and intake manifold with all n/a wiring for instance. A harness merge should be a lot better with an actual wrx swap.

As far as your question, 1999 2.2 is the same as 2.5, only 00-01 are different (slightly).

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
With 99 ECU/IM/heads, you could swap EJ251 short block directly much simpler than EJ205 which requires harness merged. My nephew has Legacy 99 EJ222 phase 2/single port exhaust, he's swapping in EJ251 long block directly but have to get dual exhaust from RS.

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5RS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An ECU only swap probably isn't the right way to go for a swap, but it is a possibility. I'm running a wrx ecu and intake manifold with all n/a wiring for instance. A harness merge should be a lot better with an actual wrx swap.

As far as your question, 1999 2.2 is the same as 2.5, only 00-01 are different (slightly).

I thought that the 2.2L were MAF while the 2.5RS weren't? I could be wrong with that.

Thanks for the help though

With 99 ECU/IM/heads, you could swap EJ251 short block directly much simpler than EJ205 which requires harness merged. My nephew has Legacy 99 EJ222 phase 2/single port exhaust, he's swapping in EJ251 long block directly but have to get dual exhaust from RS.
I already have everything for the EJ205 swap. Just need to install and merge.

I just can't find any solid sources/how to's for the 2.2L to WRX. I know there are tons of 2.5rs merge how to's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts