Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 legacy gt 2.5 silver
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's my set up. I have a legacy 2.5 gt with a 2.2 in it. First I'm going to free jt up with light weight flywheel and pully system. Also while I'm at it in putting now crank bearings, piston rings, and seals. I want to boost if and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put my 2.5 dohc heads on this 2.2 or keep the sohc heads that are on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok im in the process but did i buy the wrong gaskets? i got cometic ej22e gaskets. i have a ej22e and ej25 dohc heads is that ej25D? but the passages dont match well on the heads. could i just dremel the passages on the gaskets? also when i busted apart the ej22 i noticed the damn head gasket was blown. obviously not bad enough to show symptoms when it was in the car but since the motor has been sitting there was rust in the cylender 1 jug. so now im ready to yank the pistons and get new rings and hone the walls clean. im trying avoid boring it since i just bought these gaskets for a 110 bucks! if i cant make this work im just going to say f%&# it and just put the sohc single port exhuast terd back on

·
Registered
opendeck251+stiInternals
483 Posts
Headgaskets match the bore of the engine, that's all you have to remember. Some have said that the EJ22T (91-94 legacy turbo, USDM) headgasket is the perfect match for EJ22 block EJ25 heads. I have never seen them side by side with EJ22E gaskets, so I can't say for sure.

~Josh~

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i knew i had to match the bore but the head gasket isnt matching the water jernals of the heads more than 20% is being covered. so i guess i should trim some of the head gasket to make it match. first i have to get my cylinders honed due to the head gaskets apparently failed on the ej22. there was rust in the cylinder on one of them so delaying this project till i can finish removing the pistons now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.