Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I have a my00 Impreza L with an ej22, single port heads, and a blown head gasket.

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of my95 Legacy Ej22 dual port egr heads with exhaust manifolds for really cheap. Since I have to pull the heads anyways, I am considering uprgading to dual ports.

My questions are:

1. Will there be a problem using Obd 1 heads on my engine, such as different sensors etc.?

2. Will the dual port exhaust manifolds bolt up to the rest of the exhaust?

Thanks for your time guys.

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
ideally yes, you could "upgrade" your heads and leave everything else the same and your car wouldnt know the difference, and everything would be fine.

however those 95 heads are phase 1 and the 99 heads are phase 2, so your intake will not bolt to them, and a variety of other issues related to emissions/egr, so no you cannot do this swap

having said all that, going to a SOHC dual port head isnt an upgrade really, they have the same power, and even the single ports have a few extra TQ's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, I guess it's not as much an "upgrade" as it is the ability to find decent headers.

I'm sure the phase 1/2 issue has been covered in a FAQ, but I never caught it. Thanks for the information elislider!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.