Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
98' GF8 NA-T
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently discovered that I will need to replace my HG's (98' GF8 EJ22E Phase 1 interference NA-T). Several symptoms finally lead me to believe this and the nail in the coffin was seeing the "chocolate milk" in the oil cap. The car runs and drives fine (no overheating) but I've decided stop driving it in order to prevent further damage. My question is this, will the heads need to machined? I will be pulling the motor and doing the work myself. I've heard that it shouldn't be an issue if the surface of the heads are flat but also some say to just do it anyway. I also planning on doing valve adjustment while the engine is out but not sure if that entails more than is worth it. Anyone do a Ej22e phase 1 valve adjustment? This will be a boosted motor and I'm not sure if that makes a difference on recommended service while the engine is out. I don't plan to do anything crazy with the turbo. It's a small td04 that I've been running on stock waste gate pressure. Any help is much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts