Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
95 L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanted to see if ne 1 has an incite to this problem.
Well i have an ej20g works fine and all but just on start up i been having problem. I have a pfc and i check water temp all the time. as soon as the car starts warming up say about 40-50 degrees the car idles at 2000 rpm and the power fc is reading -42 degrees and doest stop untill the sensor catches its self to the normal temp and idles fine. I'm assuming its my water temp senor. is there any way possible to order an ej20g water temp sensor? if some 1 can help please do this thing in driving me crazy i can't figure it out..

· Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,970 Posts
You can look at PNs but I would bet the one from the motor that came out would work. The temp sensor is a little thermister. What that means is it changes resistance with temp. This is why they should be the same resist curve. At least try it.

· Registered
'06 LGT
9,912 Posts
The sensor reads voltage essentially it gives you a temperature based on the voltage thats is reading.

IE: as the car warms up there is less resisitance which triggers your gauge to move up or down.

Hope this makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.