Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I would like to know what other ej20 series piston's that are forged that can fit my ej20g. I had 2 of my pistons break at the piston ring area and I want something stronger and better for replacement. I'm going to replace all 4 pistons not just the 2 broken ones. We have a version 6 sti pistons available, also a version 4 wrx ra pistons also I think ej20k I'm not sure. The difference is that my stock pistons are taller then the other two, but same 92mm size. Will one of these be an ok replacement or should I find some after market racing pistons? I've really had some badluck with my ej20g cause its my second motor because the previous one melted the pistons after shattering some piston rings. It seems like a weak point of the ej20g I've encountered is the stock pistons. So yes I'm still a noob at the subaru thing so everyone's opinions and info's will help greatly.

·
Registered
1993 wrx silver
149 Posts
wiseco makes replacement fordged pistons that can replace that.. your better off upgrading that way. they offer them usually in stock sizes and oversized bores.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
What are you doing that constantly causes piston failure. Wouldn't you learn not to do again after the first blown motor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'm going to bump my old thread up to help everyone here to add more info for the ej20g. Got the car running like a dream and is now extremely fast. We tried a sti ra version 6 forged pistons and fit perfectly. Conclusion is this thing pulls so much harder then before and handles 1bar of boost 24/7 with no problem. Next mod we are going to try is mix in an sti version 4 heads to the ej20g block and a version 6 sti ra turbo. Can you guy tell me what turbo this is cause I'm not sure if its a vf28 or 24 etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts