Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
And for $850? :eek:

Japanese EJ20 Turbo Motor

With the help of one of the indurtries leading engine importers, we are pleased to be able to offer Japanese EJ20DET single turbo motors.
Engines are compression & leak tested, cleaned, and have low mileage (average 30K-40K miles)!

In general, the engine comes with an intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo system, alternator, distributor, partial wire harnesses cut near the engine, oil pan, valve cover, pulleys, etc. We can not guarantee that the accessories work properly. Axles, motor mounts and shift linkage do not come with the engine.

Price: $850.00
The one pictured appears to have an air-to-water intercooler as well - my favorite type. :D

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
woah...$850..that's a good price...but the "we don't guarantee that the engine will work" part is not good.....

·
Registered
646 Posts
I like how they are trying to sell you a motor and they don't even know what the damn thing is. DET is used by Nissan to show it is a turbo motor. Like in the RB or SR series of motors. DE means not turbo and DET means turbo. Whats next some high performance RX7 cams and pistons.

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
That's what I thought when I saw it too...

Subaru site selling a Nissan Silvia Engine? Then I looked closer and it wasn't that either....

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Engine I was thinking of when I saw it was the SR20DET which most of the people I know with 240sx always say they are going to do an engine swap with (aka go from weaksauce US crap engine to a JDM Silvia Conversion)

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS coupe
1,034 Posts
wow this is probably the oldest thread i have ever even seen, let alone posted on, but i was just cruising the web and stumbled upon the labels EJ20DE, DET, and DETT and didnt recognize them. Earlier JDM STi engines were all EJ20-DET right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts