Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Subaru Impreza Coupe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Brighton coupe and am getting ready to do a build on the car. I have been looking at motors and am trying to decide what motor I should use. It will be my daily driver but I want the car to make around 400whp as I will do roll racing and dig racing with the car. Some help on the 2 motors would be greatly appreciated.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Subaru Impreza Coupe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is something I definitely needed to read. Thanks. What do you think a good fun power level would be for my swap and what motor would you choose for it?

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
96 brighton? That should be AWD yeah? I believe that year is the lightest you can obtain while also having AWD.

Anywhere between 200-300whp would be stupid. Even my 01 RS with 8lbs of boost is more power than anyone needs on the street. Unless it's a V8 or also boosted, it isn't getting away from me.

·
Registered
'00 White RS
221 Posts
I have a 207 in an RS... why anyone would need more power than that as a daily is beyond me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a version 8 ej207 in my RS coupe. Also had an ej257 in my 2011 STi. If you want 400whp than I would try an find a 207 version 7-9. My 257 couldn't handle its own stock turbo on 93. idc how many bolt ons it had lolol

·
Registered
'99 RBP RSTi Coupe
202 Posts
JDM Racing Motors would be my recommendation. I personally didn't buy from there, but I wish I did. Wali has excellent customer service and should be able to address any questions or concerns you have about the process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts