Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my ej205 in my Subaru ran and drove great and then I was leaving work and it had a cylinder 2 misfire! So I drove it home and then drove it to my shop and checked the coil pack with a used one I had off a junk motor and it had spark and it still caused it. And now it’s develop cylinder 4 misfire on top of the cylinder 2. Not sure what it could be. The plugs I replaced 10k miles ago and gapped right. I did see little bit of coolant in the pcv system and some corrosion but I know the head gaskets were supposedly replaced with timing about 60k miles ago when I bought it. Also when I pulled the plugs to check spark the plug was dry for cylinder 2. I did swap injectors aswell and still have the issue. Can’t hear any vacuum leaks.
planned to do a compression test on the cylinders and swap the other side coil pack and see if maybe the miss follows? Also gonna check timing to see if it skipped a tooth maybe.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
It needs to be taken apart to discover the issue(s).

203,000 miles is too many to JUST do head gaskets and a timing belt and think it's good to go for another 200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts