Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
01 RSTi
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing an EJ20 swap into a 99 RS and i was wondering if there is any websites or information on this swap anywhere. The main thing i need help on is the wiring, I am not sure if you can use most of my original stuff from my harness for my dash or what you would think that you could but i dont know. I have not been able to find anything on the internet. I have already the complete wiring harness and ECU from a 02 US WRX. I am just looking for a good deal on a motor now. I found one at a wrecking yard but it needs a cam shaft and 3 cam gears. Any help would be usefull. Thank you

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,958 Posts
if i were you, i'd swap the complete harness. It's actually pretty damn easy:

take off fenders
take off the dash
dake off all AC

take off old harness, and replace with new one.

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,958 Posts
Re: Harness

insaners said:
Do all of the plugs from the WRX harness plug in to my dash of my RS?
man, i wish i knew... In a little bit, when i am doing my swap i'll have to do this very research, so... why not unplug your gauge cluster (2 bolts) and check? Or just ask some one on Nasioc, after giving you shit that RS is inferior to wrx some one might actually help you...:barf:

·
Registered
52 Posts
insaners,
Unfortunately, much of the harness and many of the connectors are quite a bit different between your RS and the WRX. I know the factory wiring diagrams are substantially different but maybe with some creative splicing it would work but it is definitely possible.

Troy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts