Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this past weekend i installed my eibach springs on my STi V5 struts. Ever since i put the springs on, there has been a clickin noise whenever i go over any bump. If anyone knows what could cause the problem or has had a similar problem with this setup or knows anything about it i could love the help. I have a few ideas that i will try this weekend to get this clicking to stop but any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well......?

I don't really know without looking but sometimes when you don't seat the springs on the pirch right or on the rubber insert that is seated on either the strut or the end of the spring(don't rememeber) just right it it makes that clicking sound cuz it's basically bouncing around on the strut.......? hope this helps you.

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
could also be the springs compressing to the point of coils touching. Eibachs are progressive, wich means the coils are close together at the top and bottom. Ther is a plastic wrap you can put on them to quiet them down.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Go re-tighten the center nut on each strut shaft. They'll seem nice and tight until you go out driving and hear noises.

IF the springs are used....check the portion where the coils are close together. The paint may be worn off and making noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are new springs, but in a weeks time, if they were touching, do you think i would be able to see it being scratched? And if they are touching, how would i fix it, just loosen the bolt on the top of the strut assembly?

Ryan

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Click, click, click.... drove me fuckin nuts! All you have to do is jack the car up so you can get to the second coil, cut a two or three inch piece of heater hose lengthwise, and zip tie the it there where you see the rub marks (yes you will see the rub marks in the paint). Most shops sell this shit you can wrap the top two or three coils in to prevent that. It is kind of like that stuff you put around a bunch of wires to insulate them and make the look less messy but rubber, not plastic.

·
Registered
97 OBS, 83 911, 13 Pilot
996 Posts
agreed with the majority on this one get some or make some noise coils. another cheap fix for noise coils is to just get some vaccume hose and split it down the center and then wrap the spring coils with it. no need to tie wrap it on there since the vaccume hose wants to come back together.

·
Registered
White 98 OBS
682 Posts
Damn. It didn't work. I put the STi coil sleeve thingy on the second coil down, but it doesn't do shit.

click click click click. I'm going insane.

I think it's actually the bottom coil not fitting in the coil bucket properly. I just don't see how it can be the top. Regardless, they both have the rubber insulators in there. They're v7 springs with AGX struts and I'm getting really pissed. It's only the back ones, BTW.

skills: do you mean wrap the whole coil? Top one? bottom and top ones? Be more specific please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts