Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Located in Northampton PA now asking $3200 obo, was asking $4000 obo.

Well the time has come. I absolutely love this car but I just do not have the time or space to store it till I have time. So, I have decided to sell her. Hopefully someone can take care of it and continue to enjoy it.

I’ve owned this car since 2010 and I am the 3rd owner with clean title in hand. The car is a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS sedan Silverthorne with custom Sunburst clear coat also badges were removed from previous owner, 5 speed manual. Currently it has 242,792. miles on the clock and climbing as I do still drive this car. Still original motor and trans but runs and drives fine.

I’ll start by listing the imperfections. CEL is on currently due to upstream O2 and I have also been battling a miss on cyl 4 for the past year but I don’t even feel it. There is also a weird squeal on cold starts that I can’t pin point. Body has rust on both rear quarters, sun roof and above windshield as shown in pics. Clear coat is also staring to peel on the front bumper. There are some dents from hail and also some chips in the paint. No A/C, removed belt do to compressor squealing and it had a slow leak before that. Power steering pump was leaking and there is still a mess from that but the pump was changed out. Throwout bearing squeaks while clutch pedal is not pressed and at idle, can’t hear it while driving though.

The good. A lot of work was performed this past year. Timing belt and water pump replaced. changed power steering pump, all trying to eliminate start up squeal. New plugs and crank position sensor, new coil pack, remanufactured fuel injectors and valve cover gaskets to try and eliminate miss fire. All new PowerStop calipers, pads and rotors. New battery.

The car also has some aftermarket parts. Aluminum radiator, eBay headers, Stromung cat back exhaust, stainless braided brake lines, aftermarket radio, speakers, amps and sub, 07 WRX seats, Subaru all weather mats. I also have a JDM rear bumper cover with spats that will go with the car.

Please PM me for contact info and thank you for your interest,

Tyler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts