Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 98 subaru Impreza outback 5 speed with a 2.2L non turbo, I bought it for a couple hundred, it was running and driving all fine about a month into driving it it threw a cylinder 2 fuel injector low circuit code (p0264). It had a bad missfire to it because of it, so I replaced all the injectors and said to say it's still throwing the same code even tho I changed them, I've been reading around trying to figure it out, none of the plugs are messed up none of the wires are frayed or broke, cant find nothing. It fouled the plugs so I changed the whole set and the wires, and tried it again still the same thing bad miss and is running so rich I have gas smooth coming out of the headers where my header gasket is blown. I'm starting to lose hope in this car any ideas ?

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
ECU's don't spontaneously fry, so even if it is your ECU, there must be some underlying cause. I just had the entire front half of my car's wiring system in and out 5 times chasing a ground issue. Each time I stripped the harness, traced every wire, re-spliced connections I had made.... Turned out to be a dirty harness connector under the hood. Just saying, it could be something very simple.

CHECK YOUR CONNECTORS PEOPLE!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I traced the wires back cant find nothing out of the ordinary, do you think that a dirty connection from the harness will just fault 1 injector?

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,574 Posts
Well, each injector has a connection so its very possible it could be dirty. It also sits in an area prone to get all sorts of gunk on it. If the ECU went bad in my experience it usually just dies completely and won't even fire up the car.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
I've had a couple bad ECU's that actually would fire up and run terribly. Thinking back they were all ez30's, (what ever could have happened to em...) just recently swapped an 03 ECU into my coupe for troubleshooting, promptly blew it, yet it still runs it's donor car. There's hesitation and some minor odd behavior.
Honestly, I wouldn't expect a dirty connector to just happen out of the blue as you describe. Mine were slightly corroded, which could pop up from nowhere I guess. I've had mine apart many times, so I figured it was me. Just something easy to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts