Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
White 2005 2.5RS Hatchback
233 Posts
I bought an eBay intake and was moderately impressed. Definitly changed sound of the car to include a more low pitched growl when I hit the gas. Then I changed to a K&N filter and thats when I noticed the biggest difference. Much better throttle response.

Do what you want to do but in the long run a pipe is a pipe. It doesn't matter if it says Injen on it or not its still just a hollow tube for air to flow through. Unless you want to do a few little mods you just want to make sure that whatever you buy has holes and ports for your vacuum lines and sensors and that it doesn't have too many or to extreme bends. Then I would suggest that you actually look INSIDE your pipe for any spurs, oil, or loose crap that you dont want getting sucked into your engine. I just took an old rag and pulled it through. No big deal.

So I guess the long and short of it is buy whatever pipe you want. I suggest an inexpensive one because unless you're made of money it dosn't make a difference. Splurge a little on the filter and you'll be a happy subie driver.

· Registered
7 Posts
+1 pipe is pipe.

I would venture to say that most filters are the same just different name on the out side, they one that came with mine looks just like K&N,from color to construction, how many companies actually make all of their own materials that go in to their filters,metal, filter fabric..... probably sourced from the same manufactures... I Personally bought a cheap intake and was able to buy Delta cams with the left over money that would have been needed for a injen or cobb.

injen $295
ebay short ram $30 + delta cams $200 = $230.... thats a savings :) and more power

trust your gut it usually right,

remember every after market filter should be oiled just like k&n's and other fabric filters, a pre filter is a good idea no mater what brand :)

I hope this helps you decide how to save your money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.