Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just so everyone knows...

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP

Sorry, just wanted to clarify that this thing is in no way related to what we are working on.

Jeez, It doesn't even give boost figures, which probably means that it in reality provides no measurable boost.

I am not even sure why I am preaching on this subject. I realize that most of you already realize that this is a bunch of bull.

·
Registered
140 Posts
"Unlike typical superchargers that get power from engine belts and can easily damage and blow cylinders, the new Electric Supercharger gets its power from the vacuum inside the throttle body as well as the 12 V power supply from your car battery! "

LOL! Like a typical electric fan, this POS will just simply blow.

:biggest:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Unlike typical superchargers that get power from engine belts and can easily damage and blow cylinders
I like that... like attaching a belt to the engine will blow it up... like there's not already four things getting powered from the engine that way already :p

I think it should read something like "unlike typical superchargers that actually create boost and improve power..."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, should we alert the producers of F&F2? This could be their "secret" piece of hardware that will transform a lowly civic into an 8 second beast.

That or I wouldn't mind a blender in my car, maybe I could get it to work as a blender.

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Unlike typical superchargers that get power from engine belts and can easily damage and blow cylinders

So what do suppose will happen when the engine's natural airflow overspeeds the fan and it blade snaps off and gets sucked into the throttle body?

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
... gets its power from the vacuum inside the throttle body ... Spinning at 150 CFM at 8000 RPM!
How does vacuum give a supercharger power? My intake on my truck is smaller than the one on the RS, and it flows 250 CFM. So why would I want to move down to 150 CFM?

The supercharger will ram air into the throttle body at over 300 times the normal amount
300 x 150 CFM would be 45,000 CFM. THAT would be significant.

Will NOT restrict airflow in intake when idle.
What about at full throttle? :devil:

This is for Impreza's with intakes only.
As opposed to those Impreza's that did NOT come with an intake. :rolleyes:

What a crock of SHIT. :lol:

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
:eek:

This is for Impreza's with intakes only.
Now, I've been around cars for many years now.....and correct me if I'm wrong.......but any car that has ever been built have some sort of air intake (excludes pure electric cars, of course!).

The picture of the engine bay isn't even an Impreza!

But.................
FWIW, I have thought about (in the past) of hooking up my electric leaf blower to my intake and seeing what that would do!! hehehehehe! Never got around to and I'm glad I never wasted my time. This "supercharger" product shows up ever couple of months on the car boards. Always get shot down (and for good reason!) :flame:

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5rs Sedan
72 Posts
You know what that is? It is a blower from a boat. The Inboard engine boats are required to have a way to evacuate the air/fumes inside the blige before you start the engine. This is incase there should be explosive fumes inside the bilge. What a rip off. These things cost 40 bucks at your local West Marine and you could probably blow harder then the air that comes out of those things.

-Chav

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS SRP '04 4STR-XT OBP
405 Posts
Looks like someone ripped the fan out of a PC power supply and stuffed it into tin can...........if this thing really does provide 'positive pressure' to the intake manifold for 00/01 mys without a voltage clamp for the MAP!!!!.......OHHHHHH! buyer beware! PT Barnum wins again!

:sunny:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts