Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
I always wanted to try out that complete set but honestly the price (mainly the shipping price) has always been uncomfortably high. Pretty sure that shipping quote is unfair.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza RS, 2000, Red
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah dude that whats bothering me. Your paying an extra 1/4 of the price to get it shipped. It costs me less to ship way heavier and bigger parts all the time...

The set (I think) would look insane though

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
I think I'm going to just black out my stockers myself as opposed to paying that price> I do have the blacked out side markers and the blacked out turn signals and let me tell you the quality isn't exactly that great. I'll try and get a video to show you

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks man
The only part that I hate to think about when blacking them out (and why I have not even tried it) is because of the oven part

HAHa

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
alright thanks man
The only part that I hate to think about when blacking them out (and why I have not even tried it) is because of the oven part

HAHa
Me too bro me too. here's the video!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was that you in the vid
you end up keeping them or no

My plan is maybe to find someone that has blackened out before and they can help me
I do not want to venture off by myslef in this project

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
I took this video at work. The lady in the background is a schizo and you can sort of hearing her talk to herself lol. She's cool as hell though

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
Do yall think the headlights are glass?

I wonder how it looks with the stock fogs? Or maybe put tint over them?

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Yeah thats me. I actually have the camera here at work right now so I just went out and shot it. I'm keeping them b/c they look good, the fitment really doesn't bother me that much. I am getting rid of the angel eyes though. That's why I am going to paint my stockers.

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds good
keep me posted on what you think
anyone in NH that wants to help me blacken mine? haha

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
You know what I was just thinking about. I remember someone in the DIY section said to use a blow dryer instead of baking them to get the lense off. That would eliminate your worries about baking them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
would the blow dryer get hott enough to loosen the glue?
anyone do this as an alternative

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts
would the blow dryer get hott enough to loosen the glue?
anyone do this as an alternative
you could use a heat gun for heatshrink if it had an adjustable led display for the heat output. Using a hair dryer seems kind of sketchy since you don't really know how hot the air is blowing out.

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing some pics once they are installed.
That might be a little bit on the install seeing as i have to convert my 96 still, but i will defintely post up detailed pics of the headlights and give my first impression of them.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Has anyone ever used Hella Black Magic lights? They would probably look pretty good with this, instead of having fogs that don't match at all.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts