Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, closer I get the more crap I gotta figgure out. what pully sizes do you have, what what boost do you get from it.

I need a 6.0 psi pully and then I am going to work from there. But if you guys can post the pully sizes you have. That would be helpful.

Also, if you guys have hookups for making pullys.

-Neal

·
Registered
613 Posts
Local machine shop? take them a belt sample or better yet a pulley off of a power steering pump. get a three incher,
did you see the before and after picture of my pulleys?

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
i say mine is about 2.5-2 inches as well. If i can measure it ill post it here.

MadMax

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, well I got a PM today saying my blower should be in my hands by friday. This means I will be RS-S soon! Madmax: Have you found a moment to measure the pully? What boost are you running?

Now I just gotta get a bypass valve (magnuson IIRC), do my fuel, get the custom pipeing done and the FMIC finished. :eek: :biggest:

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I have secured a working blower (should be at my door tomarrow), a 3gen bypass valve. I am going to work out fuel this weekend with a awsome friend who is going to help me out. Now I gotta figure out:
1.Bracketing to side mount it
2.Where to get a pully(having a hard time finding a local shop that can make me one.
3.what size a 6psi pully would be.

and once those 3 are figgured out. I bring it to a shop that owes me a favor and they are making me a custom front mount with custom piping to what my needs are :D

yay!

-Neal

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the other forum, a guy who installed a top mount rimmer kit said he thinks 7psi is about 2 inches. So I would only assume 5-5.5 would be around 2.25 inches? I know it is a guess, but what do you guys think. All I know is I need to keep it under 6psi because at about 7 I run static on the 370 injectors. We all know how great running static can be :p

Again, I appreciate all your help guys. Once I get this done. I am goign to do a huge write up to help others so they don't need to do this.

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
I measured mine and it is 2.75 inches in diameter. But that is including the lip that holds the belt in place, and until i get the belt off it will be hard to get exact measurements. I hope thats helps you neal. Oh and its about 6psi with this pulley. So to be safe i would get the first one made at 2.75 or higher.

MadMax

·
Registered
'99 SOHC EJ257 GT3076r Auto
120 Posts
I've talked to different people about this with M62 superchargers.

2.0L engines make 7-8psi with a 2 inch pulley - 12,000 rpm at redline (djimpreza)
2.5L engines make 4-5psi with a 2 inch pulley - 12,000 rpm at redline (me, guilio)

But

2.5L engines make ~6psi with a 2.75 pulley - 8700 rpm at redline (from what madmax says)

Smaller the engine the more the boost on the same sized pulley (assuming that the supercharger RPM and general engine configuration is the same). Or so it seems but why does madmax get the boost?

·
Registered
613 Posts
pressure values are dependant on bypass values. a vacuum-boost gauge is logical. what's the address. for experimental purposes, i will loan you my origional rimmer pulley, i have two, one with a longer offset, yet same size. you can walk into a machine shop and have it replicated with your changes. email your snail address if you want. now where did i put that little bastard......:)

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
Well im not top mounted like you guys and i have an intercooler so my configuration is different.

Not sure if this make a difference but the s/c is the first thing after the crank, not in the middle like your setup.

So who knows if any of this makes a difference. All I know is i get about 5-6psi, hard to tell all the time as i am flying and taking my eyes off the road is not a good thing :run:

Joncas you live close enough to me, im in CT. if your ever curious to see my setup, no ride though until spring time :D due to car being in garage, let me know.

MadMax

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys. Well I appreciate all the help. right now I have a new and improved problem. I got the 3 gen m62 bypass valve from the guys at magnuson. Well here. I will let ya take a look for yourself.
Heres the blower: It is m62 from a merc.

This is what is says.

Ok well thats all good and swell. but here are the problems.

Photo #1:

Photo #2

So as it looks right now, I am screwed. I would either need a custom bracket to get it to bolt up. Or return it from something else? Now, what I was told is the blower I have (m62) is a 3rd gen. Now the bypass I ordered was for a 3rd gen and I was a complete moron because I didn't compair the blower to the picture on the site

So basically I screwed up. Now checking magnuson's site for other options It looks like they don't carry bolt on bypass valves for the second gen. So what to do? Could a custom bracket be made?

Doh. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5252 you got a PM. :)
Sounds I PM'd a local who said he would look at my problem and see if he has any ideas. YAY.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts