Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
I saw that video a while back. I call shenanigans.

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
this is a cool idea, its basic science, but it won't work on deep dents or secondary damage. Or anything else with a crease. It just wont happen

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
I saw that video a while back. I call shenanigans.
:bump:

if this worked, every PRD guy and bodyshop would have their own dry ice supplier, and they'd be teaching dry ice at I-CAR..

it's bs..

I fix dents everyday. you need a hammer, a dolly, a stud welder, grinders, bondo, sandpaper, and metalworking skill.

---

( I have seen old guys fix hail with a torch before, the heat raises the metal and expands it popping out the dent, but then it needs to be refinished anyway.)

·
Registered
2007, 2.5i, Black
4 Posts
Doesn't seem logical to me. But you can't argue with results so has anyone tried it? Also, are there any tricks to get out door dings?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:bump:

if this worked, every PRD guy and bodyshop would have their own dry ice supplier, and they'd be teaching dry ice at I-CAR..

it's bs..

I fix dents everyday. you need a hammer, a dolly, a stud welder, grinders, bondo, sandpaper, and metalworking skill.

---

( I have seen old guys fix hail with a torch before, the heat raises the metal and expands it popping out the dent, but then it needs to be refinished anyway.)
Please tell me you know about heat shrinking... It works. Basic VICA skills. Basic ole school body skillls. :)

I come from a body work line too. Heat shrinking used to be used a TON in the ole days.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
DUDE good find! I am trying this tonight!

·
Registered
`98 RS Blue w/ Gold rimmies
495 Posts
looks like it works on certain dents
like if someone were to sit on your hood and their fat ass put a big bend it it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts