Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 40 of 180 Posts
Cool, good to know drag wheels have durability.
Don't you have Big STI scoop. Why front mount so soon?
Coilovers are must if you track or autox your impreza.

You're friend is like me (heck everyone). Boost is addicting and you crave for more power.
Yeah I do but the top mount gets pretty heat soaked while I am just sitting there waiting in between autoX runs so my engine heats up pretty quickly so a front-mount would aid in the cooling followed by a low temp thermostat or an upgraded radiator. I'll either keep the STi scoop and mount an oil-cooler on top of my motor right under the scoop or mount it in front as usual and maybe get a hood-scoop delete....or just keep the scoop either way for the hell of it since it looks kinda mean.

When I bought my springs I hadn't experienced autoX yet so I wasn't too worried about spring rates...now the wagon is all about it so I would love some..and lower it a lil more than it is now too.

The bolded part...such an understatment...no one can really understand it either until they have their own boost!

Sell me the GF. :D
YES! sell it to him! It would be a shame to see you part it out :(

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Sell me the GF. :D
:lol: it's in baddd shapeee after the hit and run.
ductape is what's holding the side front bumper. I really need to work on it, i have rs bumper replacement but it still needs paint.

Yeah I do but the top mount gets pretty heat soaked while I am just sitting there waiting in between autoX runs so my engine heats up pretty quickly so a front-mount would aid in the cooling followed by a low temp thermostat or an upgraded radiator. I'll either keep the STi scoop and mount an oil-cooler on top of my motor right under the scoop or mount it in front as usual and maybe get a hood-scoop delete....or just keep the scoop either way for the hell of it since it looks kinda mean.

When I bought my springs I hadn't experienced autoX yet so I wasn't too worried about spring rates...now the wagon is all about it so I would love some..and lower it a lil more than it is now too.

The bolded part...such an understatment...no one can really understand it either until they have their own boost!
Sounds like a good plan, i was just curious cuz i see your GF8 has STI scoop.
I had my share with coilovers (cusco) and they're def worth the money if you're into autox.

you need roof rackkkk !!!
haha, i do have the stock roof rack.
I don't need thule roof rack since i'm not a skier or snow board freak :)

Wagons alright, has blowen up yet. something is wrong with the gas tank though, wont take gas very easily from the pump. it takes over a half hour to fill the tank. been thinking about selling it. I would like to buy a house in the next year.

At 60mph in fifth gear Im at like 4k.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
^good to know it's still running.
Seems like an odd problem with the gas tank. There's not rust on the fuel filler neck right? If not, I would swap the gas tank out.
I have problems with the fuel gauge but it's probably dirty main or sub sensors on the fuel pump. I'm looking to fix it this weekend.

One thing I dislike on newer Impreza is DRL.

I think it's annoying so i took it out
I hated that on my 02 Legacy also so I disabled them...I was just thinking on my way home tonight also that I need to rewire my fogs to a seperate switch so I can run them whenever I want....alone/low-beam/hi-beam

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Finally finished repairing large crack on liberal lip.

It is also PITA since the lip originally has Clear VINYL wrapped all around :curse:
I had hard time removing them without leaving adhesive residue on the lip :bonk:

I'm going to test fit them once i primer them black. Still debating whether it should be black or white when i paint them with my paint gun.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
^Done,
Pics of Liberal Front lip and Grill installed.

Sideskirts and suspension are next,
I doubt i'll find Liberal sideskirts so i'll just paint stockers to match.
Some Supertones behind the Grill will be nice but idk, i rather spend the money on something else.

21 - 40 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.