Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Early JDM WRX / 2.5 RS fitment Issue

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Toughluck.jp 
#1 ·
I’ve got a 1993 WRX, the fenders that came on it were messed up, so i ordered 2 replacement 2.5RS fenders (metal aftermarket)

after installing them, there is a gap where the fender and my corner lights connect with the little nub. Am i doing something wrong? I figured it was my JDM WRX corner lights, so i ordered some depo RS corners, still have gap.

i hope someone can help me out this has been killing me.

my instagram is toughluck.jp ill ses your response faster there if you can shoot me a message? Not sure if allowed.

#4 ·
I looked up the part numbers on Subaru's website, they show the same fenders from 93-96, and a new fender for 97-01. They list separate fenders again for the 2.5 RS's.

Do you have the 93-96 style headlights and grill on your 93 WRX still?

I've read that people are putting newer GC fenders on older cars, but reading between the lines, I think they are also swapping to the newer style headlights as well.

Can you post a pic of the offending area on the new fenders?

#9 ·
For sure you will need a facelift hood and grill. you could use the face lift headlight with pre- face lift hood but the fitment is ideal. about the Marker light and fender fitment is because of the quality of the light or there is a locking clip on the bottom of the light that is preventing the light to go all the way in and it's hitting the fender.

#7 · (Edited)
I don't know the answer to that. The other way around works, old style headlights with 97+ hood, it just looks goofy. I asked my subaru guru friend about your fenders, and he said they all fit, and that your aftermarket ones just aren't a very good fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.