Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 5pt harness! :biggest: :) No more flailing around in the seat at autocrosses! :D And the Luxo-barge is one step closer to solo 1! :D

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess I'll have to put quick release cd and cigarette holders on it!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I will still be leaving those in. However, if you'll give Dale Teague a call, he can probably set you up with some! www.boxer4racing.com

Oh, and the buckles are different on the Leagcy anway. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Oooh oooh! ME TOO! MEEEE TOOOO!

I came home today to find three big boxes stacked on my step! Woo hoo! Lookie what I got!

Attachments

H

·
0 Posts
and. . .
it all (plus the other two, and a year's worth of oil filters) cost me less than two hundred bucks out of pocket!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'01 RSTi - Aspen White
246 Posts
Are those SPT springs the ones that are used with the complete V5 setup? Are they discontinued? I just recevied my struts and I'm planning on using my H&Rs. Do you think it work fine?

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure it'll be a decent setup!

Templar runs 5ziggen springs on his v5 struts and it's a pretty good setup!

Here's a link to a site that has some spring rates listed, which can be helpful when comparing your (or proposed) spring/strut setup with others:

www.scoobymods.com

here is a direct link to the spring rate page:

http://www.scoobymods.com/mods/impreza/spring.php

And according to those rates, the H&R's are a little stiffer than the 5ziggen, but I still think you'll be pretty happy. You may want to consider new upper mounts as well!

See I have usefull information! I'm not just a whore! haha.. ;)

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I just noticed:

The H&R's are a bit softer than the v5 springs, so you should be just fine! :)

·
Premium Member
'01 RSTi - Aspen White
246 Posts
Thank you Pleiades, I can't wait until I install them, I just need to get off my lazy ass and do it. I also have a 20mm sway bar and kartboy aluminum end links sitting in my garage. I expect the handling of my car to be completely transformed.:biggest:

H

·
0 Posts
bouse1 said:
Are those SPT springs the ones that are used with the complete V5 setup? Are they discontinued? I just recevied my struts and I'm planning on using my H&Rs. Do you think it work fine?
Discontinued??? :lol:

They're fairly new. I really doubt that they're the oem V5 springs. The SPT springs are made by Eibach. ;)

And I am not the guy to ask about suspension stuff. I just had a bunch of coupons to use so I got what I could, and hopefully it will rule the earth.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
I am, but I am broke right now. And it appears that I'll be buying a faster CPU for the web server first... but after that (read: in January!) how much you want for them?

H

·
0 Posts
Well four springs, four struts, five oil filters, and five crush rings set me back $540ish, plus tax, license, title, and washer fluid. :)

But you can't find it for that anymore. The price on the struts has doubled, so they're a hair under $600 for the set, plus another $220 for the springs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't believe the struts are nearly 6xx
I know someone... Jgaurd, that got the set for 500... including springs. Those were the days... RS was king, and parts were cheap. Wait a minute parts have never been cheap, just cheaper.
AO

H

·
0 Posts
m750 said:
I can't believe the struts are nearly 6xx
I know someone... Jgaurd, that got the set for 500... including springs. Those were the days... RS was king, and parts were cheap. Wait a minute parts have never been cheap, just cheaper.
AO
You know two someones. :) Jgard and me. :D

I just threw another 400 or so bones at STi group N top mounts and motor/tranny mounts.
Give me a month for everything to get here and ask me how I like it. :biggest:

This'll be fun. Then maybe I'll have to start doing TSDs and autocross. I think I'm going to skip rallycross unless a set of rally tires (mounted) and a skid plate falls my way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts