Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread running on the i-club about the e-manage.

I-Club thread

And one of the posts has a link to someone that has installed the e-manage into an MY01 RS. Not a lot of info, but every little bit helps.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emanage/files/Emanage.doc

I thought since Templar is talking about useing the E-Manage for his SC, this info could be a little helpfull.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well when the E-Manage first came out it was a POS that more then a few people blew their motors with. Its basically just a glorified S-AFC. Nothing that amazing about it. I'd rather have something that can detect knock, not require any MAF, isn't nearly as untested as the E-Manage is. You can find those things both new and used on yahoo.co.jp auctions all the time. People got them and now are trying to get rid of them. Then again a friend blew his GTI-R motor with one of them so I now don't trust them at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have an emanage and its great for what it does, it is an AFC, ITC and injector controler all in one, thats all. so instead of 3 piggyback you have one. when i go turbo ill still use the emanage but once i get to about 8psi ill look into something different.

Nate

·
Registered
796 Posts
You know, you can blow an engine ANYTIME you go messing with engine management, it doesn't matter if it is a good system, bad system, or mediocre system. The emanage, for the price, is an excellent piece. It is essentially a unichip that uses windows for programming (instead of DOS) and it doesn't require a dealer to drop $4000 down to become an installer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nate said:
i have an emanage and its great for what it does, it is an AFC, ITC and injector controler all in one, thats all. so instead of 3 piggyback you have one. when i go turbo ill still use the emanage but once i get to about 8psi ill look into something different.

Nate
Could you explain more about the injector controller capability?
I didnt even know you could control injectors. I only know that its good to get bigger ones.

I do know that because it has AFC capabilities, we wont need a rrfpr and this will basically push more fuel through the injectors as needed..

and of course the ITC capability is real good thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you can use the emanage to correct for lager injectors and/or you can use it as a sub injector controler. so you can acutually run 8 injectors...stock ones for off boost and a second set of your choice to come on as the boost does.

Nate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts