Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
305 Posts
basically is the same motor with them both being a horizontally imposed at least
Opposed. Horizontally opposed.

but i do want to know why you did a EL header not a UEL header
If he was fabricating custom headers and he had the space to make the runners equal length, why would he not make them equal length? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't speak for Dyne, but I have been in touch with him recently. We're both just daily driving our cars, and I don't think either of us has figured out ECU tuning or A/C yet.

Mine still has drivability problems: permanent CEL's, stalling coming down to idle, RH bank misfires at high load/rpm, and spark timing jumping and causing surging at cruise. Sometimes, the car really feels like it has it (has balls). The rest of the time, it feels flat and impotent.

He and I argue about the existence of a neutral switch input on the ECU. He says wiring B134-8 to 5v fakes the car into neutral and prevents stalling. I say B134-8 is supposed to be 12V when cranking only, and has nothing to do with the other. My car stalls, his car doesn't. Maybe he is right.

I've logged the car in Romraider a few times and started reverse engineering the EZ30D ECU. Slow project. If I could just get all the 4EAT stuff out of the way!

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Holly shit, glad I didn't try to get one of the newer 'smarter' H6's to swap...
Sounds like a major pain in the dick to get them to run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Holly shit, glad I didn't try to get one of the newer 'smarter' H6's to swap...
Sounds like a major pain in the dick to get them to run.
Smarter? Hah! It's all relative. The EZ30d is still drive-by-cable and ancient 16bit ecu.

It could get a lot worse, 32bit, CANbus, drive-by-wire.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Very true, but I don't see how the engine could be having such horrible issues drive-ability wise when you've swapped all the important stuff over.

Intake charge meter
Exhaust 02 and it should run like a raped ape.

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
Amazing job !!!!

I'm currently doing a ez30d swap in my baja !!
I'M soo glad I found this thread !!!
If I have a couple of questions can you help me a little ??

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
little bump to anyone who could help me please... my swap is 100% done in my baja, but it doesn't start.. It crank but no start

I'LL finish to put my dash in tonight to see if I have a check engine light at least...

-I've grounded the b134-8 pin,
-I've got the clutch switch wired on the white/green and white/blue wire at the inhibitor switch connector

BUT

-how exactly you ''tell'' the ecu to be in gear ?
-which wire you ground to the tcu to be in 1st

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
it's already in the car... no paddle shifter for me.. can anybody help ?? I searched anywhere on like 8 differents forums, but couldn't find more info than this guy's post... I don't think he is still around ??

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
Are you getting spark? Are you getting fuel?
I don't think so, there is no fuel smell whan cranking... I'll check tomorrow if I have spark
I hear the fuel pump priming
all the fuses are good inside and outside
the main relay click when they key is ON
the fuel lines aren't mixed up
check engine light is on but stay on (I didn't checked if there was DTC's)
the radiator fans always run ??? that's weird

61 - 80 of 194 Posts