Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
92 SVX Pearl White/Black
182 Posts
Very impressive I like how you split that exhaust At first I was like what the hell is he doing, lol

·
Registered
1997 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
305 Posts
To echo the others, excellent work. For someone that taught himself to weld and then went to it, the header looks damn good! And I appreciate your overcoming the mechanical and electrical obstacles that were put in your path - some clever solutions.

The car sounds pretty damn good. I'm be interested to hear an in-car acceleration clip so we can hear how it sounds under load.

·
Registered
1997 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
305 Posts
I think your thread would've garnered more attention (as it should) if you had used a more descriptive thread title.

What type of fuel system does the EZ30D use? Is it return style or returnless? The EZ30R is returnless, and I'm wondering if I can use EZ30D fuel rails (if they're return style) on the R motor. Based on your very first picture I'm pretty sure it's a return style, I just wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
'99 2.5rs
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What type of fuel system does the EZ30D use? Is it return style or returnless? The EZ30R is returnless, and I'm wondering if I can use EZ30D fuel rails (if they're return style) on the R motor. Based on your very first picture I'm pretty sure it's a return style, I just wanted to be sure.
It's return style; it hooks up to the 2.5RS fuel system with no problem. I think I need to upgrade the stock fuel pump though.

Thanks Joshua for the title change.

Well done man! Hows she drive? Likes dislikes?
It drives pretty great; you step on the pedal and there's torque at whatever gear you're in. I was driving around at 20mph in 5th yesterday. I've been skipping first gear pretty much all the time other than when I'm completely stopped.

Where in NY are you? That fab looks amazing.
I live near Binghamton, and thanks :)

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
nice work. ive done the turbo swaps now and have been thinking of something like this for a DD, might just have to look a little deeper into it now.

·
Registered
95 Nissan 240sx, 98/99 rs cp
670 Posts
Nice work man. My 01 RS is the second EZ30D swap done by 42 Autosports. It was on the dyno a couple of weeks ago and put down 190hp :).

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
wow man awesome job, i love the fact that you custom fabbed stuff and made it look so good.

a true build

·
Registered
'99 2.5rs
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I haven't been working too much on the car in the past few weeks, I've had some school stuff to take care of before graduation. I did add some hood struts though.

The hood prop no longer had a place to rest, hence the pair hood struts. I made the brackets out of 1/8" aluminum angle. The only parts that would fit from advance auto were 40lb struts, whereas the 55lb models would be better. With the 40s, I have to lift the hood and then the struts just hold it up (which is kind of lame but acceptable).

Unfortunately, I stupidly stepped away from the car for 5 seconds after unbolting the hood from one of the hinges to close a gate to stop my dog from getting out. The wind knocked down the hood and rear corner of the hood dented the driver side fender.

Oh well. It doesn't look any worse than any of the other dozen spots where the paint is bubbling from rust.

21 - 40 of 194 Posts