Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get the brake disks off the front? Do you have to use a puller? Is there an easier way?:boxer:

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
What are we talking about here? Oh yea rotors :run: j/k

When I did my 4-Pots I had one just come off no problem but the other needed the bolt treatment. First I always try some WD-40 or something on the hub then some good hits here and there with a hammer and some tugging. If that dosen't work then I have to use the bolts.

PS if you use any sort of lube on the rotors make sure you clean them good w/ some brake cleaner before you use them to get any oils off. I usually rotors anytime I work on them

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys! You're the best. I did try to loosen them with a hammer and they wouldn't budge. I love those Peaty pics! I will try the bolt thing later on. I was thinking about removing the dust shields. It seems like little rocks are always getting stuck in there and rubbing.

Thanks!:D

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
when i helped STiShawn change his rotors, we didn't know about the little bolt things and those suckers were really on there. apparently, blood lubes them up well enough to finally get them off :curse:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts