Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's my question at the risk of sounding like an idiot considering I know nothing about the subject. What the heck is the difference between a "wet" nitrous kit and a "dry" nitrous kit?
Sorry, I just have no clue.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
a friend told me before. i forgot. i think it's something like the dry system is NOS going in the intake manifold vs. a wet system shoots nitrous into each inidiviaul cyclinder. i don't know. i think it's something like that, or it can be wet is nitrous with fuel and dry is without.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wet VS Dry

These are two basic systems of n02 delivery. Simply a wet kit you need to put both fuel (high octane gas) and n02, and spray it in the manifold or directly into the cylinders. Dry systems are usually used on Fuel injected cars that have a strong enough fuel system to deliver extra fuel through the factory system to produce proper combustion. NOS makes a couple of the dry systems. Thier pretty easy to install. Just plum a line from the n02 tank to a solenoid in the engine compartment, then a line from the solenoid to the manifold. You also have 2 switches, 1 for arming the system and a second one on the throttle (have to be floored WOT to deliver n02) When most of todays FI cars are floored they bypass most emission controls (ie the fuel curves dont follow factory maps they follow sensor input.) So if the 02 sensor reads lean (which is how n02 makes power, by cooling air and adding 02) then more fuel is dumped in. And away you go. Not bad eh?

·
Registered
34 Posts
dry just sprays nitrous, and depends on the stock injectors to provide the extra fuel, usually by "tricking" the FPR somehiw

wet has extra injectors that inject the extra fuel WITH the nitrous.

ex. if you took 2 basic kits that just have one nozzle in the intake tube, the dry one would squirt nitrous only into the intake tube, and the wet one would squirt nitrous AND fuel into the intake tube.

i have a dry :happynow:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What engine mods did you do before you put your dry kit in??? I assume you should beef up the motor to withstand the nitrous.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the only other engine mods i have is intake and header-back exhaust w/ no cats. i've ran 55 shot many times like this with no problems, my plugs have never shown signs of detonation. im gonna try an 80 shot this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts