Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS BRP
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yes. Plenty of giggles, and 100hp+ still left on the table.

http://www.car-videos.net/performance/speed.asp?Speed1=40&Speed2=80

When that link comes back up, the bench racing comparo is kinda fun to look at compared to expensive factory cars. I was quite surprised to see the time on par with a 22B....until the 22B rounds two corners and disappears
. Faster modded cars wrap 40-80 in about 2-3 seconds or less, so I know my place. This is just enough fun to not break too quickly. That's all I wanted.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS BRP
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Exactly...:borgsmile::bot:

Just some exotic fuel debauchery. I haven't tried most of what's up my sleeve with fuels, yet. Initial testing looks very promising. There's a good 20-30hp to be had playing with fuels on this combo. I haven't gone there yet other than straight gas or E85, both having a bad AFR and couple of bad sensors. Down here in good air, with good data and good tuning, this should be good.

:corn: :monkey:

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS BRP
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I had my first taste of the stock brakes being wholly inadequate. Time to consider further chassis work...

I romped on the gas in 2-3 and tried to come to a hurried stop. The weight transferred back to the front, from a full rear squat, and it took a lot longer to slow back down than it did to get there. I wouldn't even trust just a pad upgrade at this point. It's time to consider an STI driveline and brake package. Such an affair quickly snowballs into a maxed credit card or two. The weight of the car is my chief reason, not the power. There's still so much left on the table, I'd prefer the car be able to handle it when the new motor goes in. Another 150hp would be asinine on stock brakes and a 5spd in a heavier car.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS BRP
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I'm not sure what good it would do on stock RS brakes. Stock pads are still at all 4 corners.

If I'm smooth with the brakes and take a good line, they're ok. Going from full tilt boogie to full stop leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't stop nearly as well as it goes.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
wrx brakes front with rs rears has worked well for me. and its cheap enough (less than 100 bucks ) to test out to see if you need more. wrx rotors and a caliper bracket. everything else should be the same.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts