Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
:(

That really REALLY sucks!

Talk to your insurance company, you might be able to get money for mods installed on the car, but it takes some talking (when I crashed my RS, I got 2 new sets of HELLA lights because I had a picture of the lights installed, and a printout from a website with the cost of the lights to prove how much they were worth).

For the celica, if you can prove how much similar cars sell for, they generally will give you that amount, instead of the blue-book value. Collector cars are tricky though (that's what Hagerty is for).

You can also sue the other driver if your insurance company doesn't. Depending on the state you can also file a civil suit or mini tort to cover your insurance deductible.

·
Registered
98 Black RS & 09 White FXT
253 Posts
Holy fuck, what the fuck man. Both of those cars are hard to find and I'm sure you've dropped a good chunk of money to keep those cars in good shape. This really pisses me off and of course his insurance company (if he even has insurance) wont give a flying fuck about the rarity and work that went into each of the cars. They'll low ball the shit out of you which of course you can fight but then wastes more of your time(money) because some asshole decided to take a drive while drunk. FUCK.....:mad:

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,815 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this happened OP :( I'd be devastated as well.

But holy FUCK you're so lucky they caught the guy! That'd make this so much worse to know your cars were destroyed and no chance at justice. Nothing will bring them back, but it's a start! :)

what were your prized possessions doing parked outside anyways. u need a place with a garage.
Really? You're going to post this bullshit in here? Like this is what OP wants to fucking see right now? :screwy:

·
Registered
1996 Feet
11 Posts
Man that is bad. Sorry for the loss. Hope the idiot drunk driver gets a hefty consequence to pay. This is why you do NOT drive while drunk

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,395 Posts
i'm curious ^ this happened a year ago. what motivated you to comment on it?

·
Registered
00 brp 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
haha he probably saw me post up a bumper bra in the classifieds section. been driving around a POS g20 for the last year. Started searching for a 2004-2005 forester 2.5xt or a legacy 2.5gt.

if anyone wants that bra or an ashtray hit me up. I'll part with both of them for pretty much anything!

·
Registered
00 brp 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I got a 2000 infiniti g20 just as a beater to driver around while I look for something I really want.

·
Registered
00 brp 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
yeah I used to really want one of those, but I never see any for sale that aren't already heavily modded which I don't really want at this stage in my life.

·
Registered
00 brp 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
They had coil springs and oddly enough parts from older camaros fit on them.

·
Registered
00 brp 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Man, that sucks. We can't afford to lose any more GCs to drunk drivers, there rare enough as it is!

·
Registered
2011 Legacy 2.5i Limited
219 Posts
Your G20 can actually be pretty fun to drive...they are primeras after all. Swap in an SR20 and pull a premium before race wars.....no, but seriously, an SR20 swap is worth looking into for this chassis, aperantly its no difficult than a WRX swap or easier.

And as the primera/G20 has been turned into a touring car, there has got to be good aftermarket to make it handle really well.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts