Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
00 brp 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm not too active on here, but wanted to thank all of you over the last decade of me owning my car. Last night a drunk driver crashed into my car while I was sleeping and drove off while I was getting out of bed. He hit it so hard that it hit my 1976 celica that was 10 feet behind my subaru was also totaled. This is one of the worst days of my life. Now I'm looking for a new car but both were irreplaceable. Luckily he hit my car so hard his license plate flew off and the cops showed up to his house and arrested him for dui and hit and run.

If any of you have suggestions on a Japanese car that might be a decent replacement for around 6k (what i'm thinking i'll get for both my cars even though they're worth twice that amount and GC8s are hard to find right.)

Also the day before, I entered 2 photos my celica at a local photography contest. If at all possible if you could vote for my celica photos by liking the Sunnyvale Art Gallery on Facebook then liking my photos I would really appreciate it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...61220128.75013.146926168690123&type=1&theater

Thanks guys,
Eric (Mats)

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,315 Posts
Dayam, two birds with one drunk. Hopefully they give you more than that. I would tell the insurance company about any possible improvements you've done to the car (engine, transmission, etc) and they may add a little. I gave the reciept for my recently installed longblock and they gave me about 1k more for my previous totalled impreza.

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
240z s30 or a 510.

sorry to hear about your cars. what were your prized possessions doing parked outside anyways. u need a place with a garage.

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
freakin worse. Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
96 L Turbo Wagon
3,641 Posts
Two great looking cars. What a shame :( I love those old celicas. I hope you get some good money for those.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS BRP Rsti
1,294 Posts
ah, that sucks man. =(. I feel for you. Damn we literally just had a celica like your sell up here (not in as great as condition as yours obviously) but sold for 700$ fully running fine.

But yeah both of your cars looked good. Gl with finding something

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
That drunk better pay for his mistake!

·
Registered
2008 Legacy GT, 2001 2.5RS
1,202 Posts
ugh. the amount of hate and anger i would be in if i walked out and saw that kind of destruction right in front of my house......

1 - 20 of 45 Posts