Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if THIS is nessesary?? I'm in the process of installing my Ludespeed kit, and there is NO gasket included between the turbo and the downpipe?

Another thing. The included upipe does NOT have a flange for the wastegate to connect to? :confused: Am I right in saying that there is something wrong with this?

Thanks for your help!

-Vic

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I would imagine that you'd want gaskets on everything. As for the wastegate flange, no idea, you should probably send Tom an email. I was under the impression that those kits didn't require any welding, so I'm guessing that there should be some sort of flange on the pipe for you. Let us know how everything goes, I'm always interested in the quality and service from turbo kit manufactures. What stage did you get?

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
Don't know if this helps but...

the wastegate connects in between the up-pipe and downpipe on the Ludespeed kit if I recall correctly.

You should have one exit coming out the up-pipe and another on the downpipe.

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, thanks guys. Took a look at my friends kit today. His upipe has the flange!! Oh well, my luck :( I will give Tom a call tomorrow for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lo0mis said:
I would imagine that you'd want gaskets on everything. As for the wastegate flange, no idea, you should probably send Tom an email. I was under the impression that those kits didn't require any welding, so I'm guessing that there should be some sort of flange on the pipe for you. Let us know how everything goes, I'm always interested in the quality and service from turbo kit manufactures. What stage did you get?
Hey guys. Just to give an update. I spoke with Tom at Ludespeed and he will overnight me a correct upipe. :)
I just want to thank and also recommend Tom for his quick response and top service.

Good Job Tom!

P.S. I have the Stage 2. (without the J&S)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts