Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i searched on here and nasioc, now here is my question. I am getting the grimmspeed ewg and it comes with bolts for the up-pipe, but i have to take the DP off to get to the up pipe, now some of the bolts (from DownPipe to Turbo) are looking a little shady if you ask me. Does anyone have what the dimensions are to get new bolts? I just want to get the measurements so I can get them before I start tear down. Dont want to expect to think I can re-use the bolts cause that will probably not end very well at all.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
go the dealership tell them u need downpipe studs/bolts/nuts......they should get u the studs for like 2$ and the nuts and bolts for free.......

if they charge u for nuts pay the bloody bill and never go back....what kind of asshole dealership charges for a couple nuts....(riverside subaru in AR is the answer)..../rant

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
Ok so i searched on here and nasioc, now here is my question. I am getting the grimmspeed ewg and it comes with bolts for the up-pipe, but i have to take the DP off to get to the up pipe, now some of the bolts (from DownPipe to Turbo) are looking a little shady if you ask me. Does anyone have what the dimensions are to get new bolts? I just want to get the measurements so I can get them before I start tear down. Dont want to expect to think I can re-use the bolts cause that will probably not end very well at all.

Thanks guys.
Some of them are studs. I made the mistake of thinking I sheared a bolt and ruined one of the studs and had to replace it. I know the studs are super generic.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
I could do that but i was looking more for the sizes something like M10 x 1.25 by 44mm something like that I want to order them from a hardware store so I can get a better grade.
stock grade is fine...theres no reason to get a better grade bolt/stud

i have NEVER seen stock downpipe bolts fail on any car....we're not talking head bolts here

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
....what kind of asshole dealership charges for a couple nuts....(riverside subaru in AR is the answer)..../rant
Most of them do... sadly :(

Some of these nuts are expensive as hell too, I remember paying something like $4 for a nut before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts