Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well first off I did post this in here for a reason, OT is just full of jokes and I didnt think people would go there to answer ?s like this :)

I received an emissions ticket, and then received another of the same violation, just in a different county.
The officer didnt really even do an inspection, when he asked if I had modifications, I said Ive already been ticketed. So he just took the last ticket and copied it??? I will be going to court for the first ticket and getting that taken care of, but what should I do about the second? Should I tell the judge and ask him to have it dismissed? Can he do that?
The officer said I have to pay the fine twice even though its the same violation, before Ive even had it taken care of.

If anyone can help me out, please do
thanks
Kian

(also if it is in the wrong forum, sorry :stupid: )

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Fucking moron cop - you cannot be "tried" twice for the same charges.

Second, in CA that's a fix-it ticket (unless things have changed or I am an idiot :p ) so there is no fine.

Fix your car, get it inspected, then get both tickets taken care of.

I would personally call the police station and complain to the folks in charge about this officer. Be professional but let them know that this is some sort of "price gouging" and completely uncalled for and unprofessional. Make sure you have the officers name and complain, complain, complain. I would.

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RS25.com said:
Fucking moron cop - you cannot be "tried" twice for the same charges.

Second, in CA that's a fix-it ticket (unless things have changed or I am an idiot :p ) so there is no fine.

Fix your car, get it inspected, then get both tickets taken care of.

I would personally call the police station and complain to the folks in charge about this officer. Be professional but let them know that this is some sort of "price gouging" and completely uncalled for and unprofessional. Make sure you have the officers name and complain, complain, complain. I would.
Heres the thing, It was inspected and written off already. But the cop didnt do an inspection for anything illegal this time, just copied my last ticket (the ticket was for a CAT)

the ticket, the first one atleast is about $500

Does anyone know what section I can find that law of being tried twice is?
thanks!
Kian

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I think it's a constitutional right that you cannot be tried for the same offense more than once. A little help someone?

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Kian, you should just go beat the cop with his club. Problem solved, case closed... :lol: :D

H

·
0 Posts
Hmm.

If you violate the law in one county and get a ticket, then cross county lines and violate that same law, can you not get a ticket for it? I mean, if you were to get a ticket for speeding and then get caught again it would be the same thing, no? Except for the fact that the second cop just copied info instead of inspecting.

What's the deal though. Why are they stopping you? Got a melon shooter or something?

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
horatio102 said:
Hmm.

If you violate the law in one county and get a ticket, then cross county lines and violate that same law, can you not get a ticket for it? I mean, if you were to get a ticket for speeding and then get caught again it would be the same thing, no? Except for the fact that the second cop just copied info instead of inspecting.

What's the deal though. Why are they stopping you? Got a melon shooter or something?
see thats what Im worried about, but since this is a vehicle code violation, wouldnt it be different?
The first time I was stopped, I had went around (quickly) a guy that cut me off and almost knocked me into someone in the other lane. The cop even saw this, but still screwed me over.

The second time, I was at the races, but not at the actual tracks, just near the fwy. No melon shooter here, the exhaust could be construed (sp?) as stock as well, except for its sound at throttle. I was doing the speed limit, no illegal lights, or anything like that, he just picked me out of the bunch:curse:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts