Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I posted a thread recently avout my door speakers not working but I was crazy or something because they do work but they're not loud enough. It only sounds like the speakers are coming from the back. I've got a 2000 2.2L and it's got stock speakers right now. Are there any suggestions for what I should upgrade to? Thanks!

· Registered
Non-RS
2,557 Posts
infinities or alpines, dont settle for pioneer, jvc, or sony
Ehhh..depends.

If you buy the top of the line pioneers they are nice..I have some in my Miata that I love. I have had the music turned up all the way and they are fine! If you buy the bottom of the line alpines/infinities they suck. Go online and read reviews is your best bet.

· Premium Member
2002 Aspen White WRX (sedan)
2,409 Posts
^ True, everything is about coordinating pieces. Get something that has positive reviews and couple it with a good amp and it should sound good. Or maybe if you buy some good shit but set it up bad (like ive seen plenty) then it will sound horrible.

Just know the saying "You get what you pay for" is very true for audio.

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
I like pioneer or polk components. There are higher priced "high" end sets but for the $ its hard to find better quality.

· Registered
2,764 Posts
i need some input too. i was thinking alpine type s because i dont really want to amp the speakers. but yea my pioneers blew out got them a circuit city, not top of the line but had good reviews. well they suck.

· Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,505 Posts

· Ex-Mooderator
3,505 Posts

· Ex-Mooderator
3,505 Posts
what does all this mean? and what do you mean be careful? i go by sound that i hear in person and how long they last with that amazing sound. decibels mean nothing if you personally dont llike the sound
That's the response curve for the Pioneer PRS720s that I am running.

Think of it like a torque curve... flat = good.
These woofers have even response from ~80Hz on up to 2000Hz, where tweeters kick in and take care of the rest.

It's VERY hard to find decently priced speakers that can achieve this.

-- Dave

· Registered
GC8 STi, Mini, Lexus
583 Posts
i have infinity speakers in the front and rear. they sound good, but i could go with a little more midrange on them. they are very crisp on the highs. I think i just need to tune my system a little bit.

· I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
6,016 Posts
i have Kicker 6 1/2" Coaxial Speakers in my front doors and they sound great. i also cut out the mesh on the door that used to cover my stock speakers. that would help

· Registered
98 Posts
I found I had the same issue, I had a mid/tweet +crossover set installed and it made a huge difference. With the crossover I can now crank the music and it still sounds crystal clear in the front! I don't have an amp dedicated to them though, if I did it would sound even better. I need to slap some dynomat on my doors though, because they kinda freak out a bit when it's bassy.

I got alpine type S (I didn't want to shell out the extra cash for the R's) 3 way 6x9's in the back (also un-amped), with a simple, cheap, bump in the trunk Fusion 300w 12" sub (it gives great bass for $300 ;P). It was a kit that came with the sub w/box, amp and wiring kit (for around $344). Great price for instant bass!

Pics!
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v359/74/112/510709686/n510709686_680974_6009.jpg

· Premium Member
'97 Impreza L
3,617 Posts
My door and deck infinities are mismatched with pioneer custom tweeters on the doors which take care of my highs and a pioneer 10" in the trunk for the bass, then just have it perfectly tuned so I can play any genre and not have to mess with the settings. I'm very picky when it comes to my music.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.