Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys...I had quite a ride this weekend.

The car was in awesome shape with all 500hp...and we were actually in the lead. We were excited about kicking some ass over the weekend, but it was stopped short.

On the 3 stage we were coming down a straight and the ass end came loose. John tried to correct to no avail. We ended up putting the rear of my side into the ditch at about 110mph. It then projected us to the other side of the road where we then rolled 3 times....:biggest: I had hoped that after the rear hit we might stop...but dang..kept going. Ended up on the drivers side.

I hear spectators from somewhere saying..you want a push over...and I yell yes. They start rocking us..and about the 5th try we end up on our wheels. We drive down the road a bit to a safe area to check things out. Appears to be not a happy car...coolant leak somewhere. We put some water in the car after a few minutes of thinking...and try it again. Well it seems like we might give it a go.....

We were only a short distant from the finish...how frustrating to say the least....
In service we found coolant on the #5 spark plug, so we were done for the weekend. I have yet to see pictures of the car...but I will post them as soon as I get them!!

Lots of fun...

T
Before picture for you!! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
d'oh! just remember, as a co-driver, its your duty to make sure that if the driver crashes, its on their side of the car :)

that's too bad that your weekend got cut short but still, riding in a 500bhp volvo has to be fun even if it means seeing the world upside down :D

any video?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This picture doesn't do it justice..but wanted to share!!

Pretty funny that he did land on his side of the car..that usually doesn't happen!! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another car that true rallyists can appreciate!!!

Replica Group B S1 Audi

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i noticed pictures of the audi. it is cool. too bad its not the real thing, though it must have taken a shitload of work :eek: there is an actual ex- GrA S2 in the chcago area that shows up to rally-x's now and again. that thing is pretty sweet too :) now, where did i leave the keys to my RS200...

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Subie Gal said:
*cough* those pics courtesy of Subiegal.com

where is my credit?? :)

here's one from www.pdxsports.com

Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com
Sorry Jamie...my bad!!! cough cough ;)
I just recently started posting pictures....

The pictures of her car are more impressive..hanging on the edge!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts