Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Dolls Hanging On JDM Cars! Explain!

10K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  weirdpuffy 
#1 ·
So.... maybe someone might have an answer because i;ve been asking around... and still havent quite understood it yet.

WHy are there dolls, balls, bears, monkeys, or etc. hanging on the rear end bumper of an JDM car?!?! I mean maybe because i live So Cal. But still i think its growing trend with no real answers on why or who just started it. S

Dont get me wrong but i think it's is really degrading for the car. Especially when i saw some Subby's with it.

Here is a pic of what i mean by what's hanging!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/2257506141/in/set-72157603889345793/

check it out..its in the center of the rear bumper.

#8 · (Edited)
Trunk Monkey's making his escape!

On the other side of the continental US, the popular thing in my area is for the huge gas guzzling trucks (ford f250 or ram 2500 / bigger) is to have a set of balls hanging off the trailer hitch.

edit: communist nazi photobucket people think balls hanging off a truck violates user terms of use

I don't get it either.

#17 ·
Trunk Monkey's making his escape!

On the other side of the continental US, the popular thing in my area is for the huge gas guzzling trucks (ford f250 or ram 2500 / bigger) is to have a set of balls hanging off the trailer hitch.

I don't get it either.
That's to make it even clearer that the driver of the huge truck is compensating for something.

#10 ·
When I was in Japan a number of years ago, I purchased a Shinto charm for safe driving at a shrine. Its a little arrow with a suction cup attached and a small scroll on the arrow.

Yes, driving is ingrained into their religion. I think these things once had something to do with it, now they're just goofy.

#11 ·
I sold a new Mercedes E-Class to a VERY cute girl from Thailand...

Yesterday I saw it parked at the market with THREE 1 ft tall teddy bears (1 from each rear clothes hangers and 1 on the back shelf!). Yeah, that looked real 'classy'!!!

:eek:mg:

#16 ·
It started as hanging something that you don't like behind the tire of a rear wheel drive car (usually/obviously drifters), making a statement that " I do burnouts on teddy" lol... It's became a fad that's way out of control like the green and yellow beginner drivers sign that the same civic has in the back window...

One explanation:
teddy hanging from the rear = JDM Fanboy

-Kurt

#25 ·
WHy are there dolls, balls, bears, monkeys, or etc. hanging on the rear end bumper of an JDM car?!?! I mean maybe because i live So Cal. But still i think its growing trend with no real answers on why or who just started it. S

Dont get me wrong but i think it's is really degrading for the car. Especially when i saw some Subby's with it.

Here is a pic of what i mean by what's hanging!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/2257506141/in/set-72157603889345793/

check it out..its in the center of the rear bumper.
Dolls anywhere on a guy's car are lame. I get really annoyed with any doll that's "JDM" especially Transformers, the TEIN guy, Dragon Ball-Z, etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy anime (when it's not being overly philosophical and metaphorical) but not on a car. That being said, I do have a NERV parking sticker on my car :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.