Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... maybe someone might have an answer because i;ve been asking around... and still havent quite understood it yet.

WHy are there dolls, balls, bears, monkeys, or etc. hanging on the rear end bumper of an JDM car?!?! I mean maybe because i live So Cal. But still i think its growing trend with no real answers on why or who just started it. S

Dont get me wrong but i think it's is really degrading for the car. Especially when i saw some Subby's with it.

Here is a pic of what i mean by what's hanging!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianlau/2257506141/in/set-72157603889345793/

check it out..its in the center of the rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5I
108 Posts
I'ev seen that car

I'ev seen that car driving around my area lol never realy noticed the monkey till you pointed it out tho

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy L
2,390 Posts
cause its gay for a guy to have stuffed animals but this makes it cool. i dunno. haha

·
Registered
1994 Subaru Impreza L
280 Posts
Didn't some drifter hang a charm to prevent rain or something like that, and everyone else just saw it, copied it, played it out, and down right murdered it?

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
I has a trunk monkey that hangs on my V7 seats.

But im going to say that its a bit different because its inside the car?

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP(RIP), 97 OBWRXS
2,523 Posts
its pretty much what endgame said most normally called by alot of "tuners" a drift charm....which i personally think is ridiculous considering most of these are hanging on the bumpers of hondas....which cant drift

·
Registered
191 Posts
Trunk Monkey's making his escape!

On the other side of the continental US, the popular thing in my area is for the huge gas guzzling trucks (ford f250 or ram 2500 / bigger) is to have a set of balls hanging off the trailer hitch.

edit: communist nazi photobucket people think balls hanging off a truck violates user terms of use

I don't get it either.

·
Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
191 Posts
^hahah i see these on big trucks and muscle cars in VT too man

·
Registered
2000 WRX/STi Coupe
437 Posts
When I was in Japan a number of years ago, I purchased a Shinto charm for safe driving at a shrine. Its a little arrow with a suction cup attached and a small scroll on the arrow.

Yes, driving is ingrained into their religion. I think these things once had something to do with it, now they're just goofy.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
I sold a new Mercedes E-Class to a VERY cute girl from Thailand...

Yesterday I saw it parked at the market with THREE 1 ft tall teddy bears (1 from each rear clothes hangers and 1 on the back shelf!). Yeah, that looked real 'classy'!!!

:eek:mg:

·
Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
3,229 Posts
My friend has something hanging from his rear tow hook on his bugeye. I still wanna do that lol (yeah I'm gonna follow the trend)

·
Registered
GF8
938 Posts
It started as hanging something that you don't like behind the tire of a rear wheel drive car (usually/obviously drifters), making a statement that " I do burnouts on teddy" lol... It's became a fad that's way out of control like the green and yellow beginner drivers sign that the same civic has in the back window...

One explanation:
teddy hanging from the rear = JDM Fanboy

-Kurt

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,567 Posts
Trunk Monkey's making his escape!

On the other side of the continental US, the popular thing in my area is for the huge gas guzzling trucks (ford f250 or ram 2500 / bigger) is to have a set of balls hanging off the trailer hitch.

I don't get it either.
That's to make it even clearer that the driver of the huge truck is compensating for something.

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
756 Posts
I've got a drifter charm, most people didnt like it. It's a Shrunken Head. and no, its not on any of my subies

1 - 20 of 26 Posts