Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my car, prior to losing my job and ripping off and selling the bodykit to make my car payments :( Which means I'm back to stock canadian/crap bumper...

But the new look is coming... and perhaps it will accompany a certain 97 JDM EJ20 that may sit behind my new front end :)

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
sucks that you had to get rid of that, the car looks AMAZING!! GET IT BACK!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice ride. Definetly get rid of the Canada Spec bumper when you get the next chance :) I like the 22b on there

Eric

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That bumper was a replica, it's too bad I'll probably never find one like it again, if I want it I'll probably have to spring for the Genuine STI one... which may not be a bad thing..

Here's some more pics on the way home from the track-

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The canadian bumper regs state the the amount of damage in a 5mph impact can only be X amount of dollars.. same in the states BUT in the states, when they test the car, they use a different method that leaves the foglights intact..

In canada, they use something bigger that damages the foglights, hence the damage in $$ for an impact is greater and the US bumper doesn't pass regulations because of this..

Nice thing is you see a lot of variation in canada in terms of bumpers because EVERYBODY changes the bumper.. seeing a stock one is kinda rare :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
actually the Canadian bumper is not inferior. It's stronger than the US spec bumpers. ;)
of course it doesn't look as err.... aggresive.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ofcourse I did Will, unless you see it for sale on our board then it's still where they should be- next to my wheels, inside my car!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts