1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's Subie listen to you?

Reason for question is this:

I posted a question about a CEL this afternoon, a CEL that was ultimately going to send my car to the "stealership."

I was setting up a time for sometime this week to get it into the dealer, when I decided I would pull the car out and reset the ECU to see if maybe that would do anything.

Well, once I start up the car, magically, the CEL is gone. I then gave her a hug and thanked her for saving me some time and money. ;)

Anyone else's Subie react to things you say about them?

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Yes. Thinks like if you wash it, it runs smoother. Meanwhile, washing didn't have anything to do mechanically, except for maybe dirt and crap around the brakes.

I once had a CEL come on when I started it up in very very cold weather. The entire engine was shaking violently and would not idle correctly. I turned off the car and waited a minute, then tried again. It ran fine then, but with a CEL. I got it home ok, and was going to at least get the code read, but then it turned off on it's own. That was like two years ago.

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
my subie listens to me everyday :) its very obedient and loving. i tell it to not hydroplane, and lock up, it just gives my pure power arpund wet bends ;)

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
One day I was driving home from work, which at the time was about a 35 minute commute, anyways I was merging into the left lane on the freeway, and in between the lanes, RIGHT where I happened to be, was some sort of 2x2 piece of plywood with some sort of spikes sticking out of it. What the hell? So of course I had to be the only person around to hit it...errr...and I was like oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. I thought I was going to have to pull over and slow everyone down because of a stupid flat tire. Somehow nothing happened, so weird. Anyways, that was super early in the commute, I drove like 25 more minutes and less than a mile from my house it started going flat. I wasn't riding on the rims yet, it was just flattening. I pulled into my parking spot and heard the wheel rub on the ground finally. My baby pulled through and toughed it out the whole damn commute just in time to get me home. I was so proud of her!

However, almost every time I get out of the car I get a shock from the door. Other than that she seems to love me as much as I love her!

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe the shock is just her way of showing affection. Telling you how "shock"ingly great a driver you are.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Maybe the shock is just her way of showing affection. Telling you how "shock"ingly great a driver you are.
haha, yeah...I'll go with that...:run:

It'll happen several times in a trip though, if it were the carpet theory, I'd think one shock would release the difference in electrical potential and it wouldn't happen again. Dunno. Oh well. Maybe I'll just install a rubber carpet in my room, that should fix it!

And ditto to the car wash part. She feels happier when she's clean.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
My baby rox. Period. End of story. She's gotten me home through the worst blizzards the northeast has to offer, she didn't lock up on me when I sucked up water, she loves to go for early morning drives with me and loves to get dirty :D

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Does anyone else's Subie listen to you?

Reason for question is this:

I posted a question about a CEL this afternoon, a CEL that was ultimately going to send my car to the "stealership."

I was setting up a time for sometime this week to get it into the dealer, when I decided I would pull the car out and reset the ECU to see if maybe that would do anything.

Well, once I start up the car, magically, the CEL is gone. I then gave her a hug and thanked her for saving me some time and money. ;)

Anyone else's Subie react to things you say about them?
That doesn't necesarily mean that the CEL is gone for good. Just means that whatever failed before hasn't failed another test.....yet.

You should've just driven to autozone, pulled the code for free to see what is actually going wrong. You can even clear the code there to see if it comes back.

Basically, you'll be in the exact same situation you were in before once that code comes back because you still don't know what it is.

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
That doesn't necesarily mean that the CEL is gone for good. Just means that whatever failed before hasn't failed another test.....yet.

You should've just driven to autozone, pulled the code for free to see what is actually going wrong. You can even clear the code there to see if it comes back.

Basically, you'll be in the exact same situation you were in before once that code comes back because you still don't know what it is.
cosigned

1 - 17 of 17 Posts